AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I cross-posted in three different sections of this forum an excerpt from a home theater technical support request from another forum that seemed rather funny at the time. A few of us had a laugh at that person's expense.

While I purposefully omitted the person's name and certain relevant details, it might nevertheless have been possible for many to deduce its source. Furthermore, it does turn out that the person in question does indeed read this forum, though posts infrequently enough that I was not aware of this.

So please allow me apologize now to him for the embarrassment I've caused. Upon reflection, it's clear to me that people need to be able to ask honest questions without the threat of ridicule; after all, how else are we going to learn about this hobby we're a part of? It's a hobby that we've all entered as a beginner at one point or another.

I hope to better model a helpful fellow home theater nut to that person (and everyone else) in the future.

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Very nice post Michael. You are a true gentleman.

And if that person is reading this, please know that your question about projecting black bars was in my opinion not only perfectly reasonable, but was based on reasonable assumptions that most people that don't spend hours reading about this stuff every day would embrace.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Takes a big person to admit when they are wrong (or think they are wrong) in public. My hats off to you.

Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.