AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have lurked here enough and trying to decide which set is getting to the wire.

I found an excellant deal on a Toshiba 46xv540u at less than $900, but the same place also has a few Bravias avail too...KDL-46wl140(+300) & kdl46wl135(+200). Is there a way on either or both of these to check for hours of use? I dont suspect they were ever on display but curious to know for sure. I read about heavy green push and possible purples on the Toshiba, but for the $ it seems like a smart choice

Originally I had been saving for the XBR6, but research here has made me to consider others and now these are about half the price.

Assistace and opinions are appreciated, thank you guys for all of the good information on this site.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal on the toshiba. I have the 545 and its an excellent tv. Same as 540 but it has srt and autoview. I wouldnt let all the talk of green push scare you away. If you read enough of these forums youll hear complaints about most tvs. Theres no perfect one. The fact is if a lot of people didnt read about a green push they would never even think it was there. When it is there with proper settings it can usually be adjusted out. Ive had 3 toshiba lcds and one had a slight green push out of the box but it was easily adjusted to a great picture. Sonys and samsungs and every other brand can have a color push or other picture issues out of the box.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I am comfortable with the deal, but not sure if I should spend the extra money and get the Bravia? Any opinions?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Save the $300 and get a Blu-ray player. The Toshiba is an excellent TV and I doubt your going to see a $300 difference between the 2.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts