AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the optoma hd66 projector. Basement room dark walls. Very well light controlled. I would like to avoid painting. I am wanting to do boc or designer white? Which would be better for my projector? What about grey over white spandex. I want dark blacks and great coloring. Mississippi man please chime in. I have no option to spray only roll paint " if I have to to achieve what I want"

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,183 Posts
Well..........Designer White won't do anything to help the HD66's lack of contrast. BOC would be a no-paint solution that could eventually also receive a light Gray Flat Neutral Paint.

Your desired screen size matters in making the choice of substrate to paint. The 66's lumen output will allow you to use a Gray paint, perhaps as dark as N 7.5 without undue attenuation if whites....if the screen size isn't to gawd awful big.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Screen size is gonna check in at around 100" would the grey over white spandex be better than boc? Maybe grey spandex over designer white instead of white spandex.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What would you suggest if not painting? At is not a concern. Speakers are out front.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3forlife  /t/1526034/time-to-do-my-screen-what-to-do#post_24579489

What would you suggest if not painting? At is not a concern. Speakers are out front.

No paint solution? Need some contrast boosting? Small screen?

Light Gray Milliskin top layer, Black Milliskin rear layer. Throw distance at within 6-8" of minimum for selected screen size.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Throw distance will be spot on. So light gray over black not over white. Ok. I can do that. Thanks MM I appreciate all the suggestions. I really value your opinion after seeing some of your screens.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't see a light gray listed MM. Would that be the silver? I'm looking at the spandex world site.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3forlife  /t/1526034/time-to-do-my-screen-what-to-do#post_24590145

I don't see a light gray listed MM. Would that be the silver? I'm looking at the spandex world site.

The light Silver will work just fine.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much MM. I will post pics when the building starts. I really value your opinion and appreciate the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts