AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NAD 542 but lately its been giving me a "no disc" message as soon as I put a cd in.. It takes me about 10m trying and then it reads the cd..I would like to get the Cambridge Audio 640 if I need a new one
thanks in advance..

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
If you are continually getting disc read errors using different discs, chances are the tracking mechanism for the laser diode is out of calibration or simply worn out. As replacing the player it isn't too costly, it sounds like it's time for a new one.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Is it still under warranty? Back when I used to buy NAD, it seemed I always had to have it repaired under warranty a couple of times, before throwing it out.

If it's not under warranty, I wouldn't bother getting it repaired, a new player would be a much better option.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Not Another Defect!

·
Registered
1 Posts
my very old sony es is now on the way out. i made the decision a couple weeks back to get an NAD C542. picked it up, used it for about 3 hours and the tray decided it would no longer open. took it back.

i'm looking for something decent in around the same price range...is there ANYTHING that is still made in japan?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.