AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to put my $ where my mouth is... but I am not sure where my mind's at!?!?!? This is a tougher decision then I thought.

Any feedback on the two mfg. and systems would be greatly appreciated. Any other suggestion from the same mfg. would be welcome. Not including the sub, I am trying to keep the budget in around $2K

Although I started with about 4 manufacturers, I am down to two and the following options:
  • KEF - KHT5005.2
  • KEF - KHT6000 ACE
  • Definitive - Mythos Gem (L/R/S) & Mythos Seven(C) (Should I consider Mythos Six in the front corners?)
  • Definitive - Mythos Gem XL (L/R/S) & Mythos Three(C) (Should I be considering Mythos Two in the front corners?)

A little history... I just sold my Klipsch Reference 35 series (RB35, RS35, RC35 & RW12). I am used to the "clear crisp" sound and a nice lowered end. Looking at the frequency response of the Definitive and the KEF, I am lean toward Definitive (much lower frequency) and again to the slightly larger 4.5" Drivers, combined with the powerful Supercube II or III.

The family room is 16W x 13L with the back wall bout 2/3 open to the breakfast and Kitchen area. I try to keep reminding myself that "it is only the family room and not a home theater", but I still want something impressive. The speakers will be paired with a 46" Toshiba Regza (46XV545U).

In the beginning the new set-up will be powered by an older Yamaha 70W x 5 AVR. An upgrade to Integra 8.9 (140w) or Denon 4308 (140w) is planned in the next stage (6-12 months).

Any feedback on the options would be great!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI - I looked at KEF KHT3005SE but I need to keep the depth at 6" or less including the brackets.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went with.....

Definitive - Mythos Gem XL (L/R/S) & Mythos Three(C)

Onkyo TX-SR706

Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-Ray

Now, should I match the Definitive sub or go with SVS or HSU or something of the like?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.