EVGA 790i FTW

2 x GTX285 FTW SLI

Q9550 @ 3.8GHz

2 x 2GB DDR3 1800

Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme

Corsair TX850W

Auzentech Home Theater HD

Silverstone Raven V2

Should I even bother? I'm mostly gaming on a 60" 1080p HDTV with 7.1 surround sound.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
No point IMO but I am not a pc gamer that still feels the need to constantly be cutting edge, then again it's your coin.

Since you can run 99% of current games pegged @ 1080p there's not much of a reason to upgrade unless you want to up the resolution with a new high end PC display or go 1080p 3D (and even then dual 285's should still get the job done reasonably well).

Jason

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. That's kinda what I was hoping to hear since I'm not really interested in 3D anyway.

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
You seem to be patient about upgrades, so it would probably be best to wait for next year's high-end 28nm GPUs. Just one of those should be significantly more powerful than your two 285s, provide much lower temps and noise levels, and you will get DirectX 11 functionality.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Wait for the next gen cards.

As many here know I am a nut when it comes to vid cards. I am waiting for the next gen Nvidia. I will not get another ATi/AMD card again. I said that with the 48xx series after having probms with them and then got three 5870s
(mainly to test out Eyefinity, that was before Nvidia came out with multi display support), now I wish I didn't. The software and driver support from ATi/AMD is not to the level of Nvidia when it comes to game support. I still get these occasion flashing and even worst total screen black outs that come and go when playing BFBC2. That game has been out a while and still ATi has issues with it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, I'll wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts