AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to upgrade budget is between $500-800 Lower the better. Room size 17x15x8 that opens's to the dining room. Mostly for movies so I want something that will kill my VELODYNE SPL1000-R in output & low end. I have a couple of subs in mind; since I never heard any of these what would you rank them. I like the MFW-15 cause of the price point but Y so low . Thanks guys

MFW-15

SVS PB12-NSD

HSU VTF-3MK3

EPIK SENTINEL

·
Registered
8,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamekiller /forum/post/16962104

It’s time to upgrade budget is between $500-800 Lower the better. Room size 17x15x8 that opens’s to the dining room. Mostly for movies so I want something that will kill my VELODYNE SPL1000-R in output & low end. I have a couple of subs in mind; since I never heard any of these what would you rank them. I like the MFW-15 cause of the price point but Y so low . Thanks guys

MFW-15

SVS PB12-NSD

HSU VTF-3MK3

EPIK SENTINEL

Hundreds of bad amplifiers smeared the reputation of MLS and AV123 and the MFW. There are several threads, that include other accusations.

AV123 is trying rebuild its customer base for the MFW, that explains the low price.

The new amps have only been available for about 3 weeks. So far so good although changing out the bad amps sometimes required using a hammer (very carefully). Some people are waiting to see if the new amps will hold up. Others found that there were too many different issues with AV123 to even bother.

There is also the matter of the AV123 Forum being closed for the past 7 months. That is not a good sign. If they say it will be open later this year, it's no joke to wonder which year they end up opening up the Forum.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
the only one i have experience with is the Sentinel. i'd recommend it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The MFW has a really nice price but having problems (not good). I need somthing that can take a beating. I did check out the ED A5-350 & A3-300 they look really nice and well made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts