AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read countless times how DLP projectors have no crosstalk in 3D. It is one of their best selling points when compared to other technologies. Even now I read everywhere how one's DLP projector has no crosstalk.

But is it really the case? Or maybe the owner just doesn't notice it in particular content? I have read different reports on various PJs (first Mitsubishi HC7800, then some new Optomas and BenQs, including W1070) exhibiting crosstalk. And it's true. My Optoma GT760 has crosstalk and it is easy to see in this test pattern: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1291751/how-much-crosstalk-ghosting-has-your-3d-tv-test-it Do you want to test your projector for crosstalk? Think twice because what has been seen cannot be unseen.

P.S. I tried 3ACTIVE glasses by Dimensional Optics as well as cheap Chinese brand. The crosstalk is less in the center of the lens and worse on peripheral parts.

P.P.S. I wonder if IR or RF has the potential to exhibit less crosstalk than DLP Link.

P.P.P.S. I have owned Sharp XV-Z30000 previously and didn't notice crosstalk. But I never tried this test on it...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts