AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
In Orange County we are getting an INHD feed fromTime Warner and right now they are showing "Full Metal Jacket" but I can't find anyone at TWC who knows anything about it. Even the GM says he has little information about it and is waiting to hear something more from iN Demand.

BTW,the feed is just INHD not INHD 1 or 2. Maybe some night watchman dozed off and leaned against a switch and sent out the feed. Who knows???

·
Registered
681 Posts
Nothing here in Raleigh/Durham, NC.

The INHD preview was showing the whole week of the US Open, and it was accessible in "hidden mode" until today.

Today, when I accessed INHD, I just get a black screen - no audio or video.

Apparently, there's a rumor in the Charlotte local thread that there will be a $5.95 charge for both channels. This would REALLY irritate me and I would not pay more than I am for these two new channels.

It also makes me really mad about ESPN-HD because the "excuse" TWC keeps giving is that they don't want to charge customers extra for the channel - and so they're trying to negotiate down the fee that ESPN-HD would charge them.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
On TWC in the Green Bay, WI area here.

I noticed INHD on my channel lineup sometime last week, but it wasn't switched on. I just got back from a weekend out of town, and it looks like they were switched on while I was gone. "Full Metal Jacket" looks decent in INHD, and the documentary pieces I've seen so far on INDH2 look great. I'm looking forward to catching the HD concert for "The Cure" on 9/25. That should look amazing!

·
Registered
667 Posts
I just checked out the INHD schedule for the week and the best thing on is the Yankees/Baltimore games. Other items look like HDNET re-runs and wrestling??? Are they kidding??? Other than "Full Metal Jacket" and baseball I don't see anything really worth tuning in for. The strangest part was that they promoted tennis in HDTVand then showed it here in Orange County in 4:3 much of the time. Right now all the HDTV channels on TWC are down except PBS & CBS. Way to go TWC!!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Quote:
Apparently, there's a rumor in the Charlotte local thread that there will be a $5.95 charge for both channels. This would REALLY irritate me and I would not pay more than I am for these two new channels.
I disagree and here is why:

ESPN-HD is a mirror channel of ESPN-SD with the exact same programming and charging for those is charging for the same content twice.

Inhd 1 and 2 does not exist in any other form and you are paying for the channels just like you would pay for HBO, Sundance etc - now if you think they are worth 6 bucks or not is a different matter and that will be based on their content and what you like - but the charging issue is completey different..........

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
In NYC TWC mysteriously dropped its INHD channel after running the tennis open via USA Network earlier--plus a few fantastic-looking previews. Earlier they similarly dropped the local WB network station. The largest TWC company seems to be falling behind others that are delivering INHD/INHD2. -- John

·
Registered
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mhdiab
I disagree and here is why:

ESPN-HD is a mirror channel of ESPN-SD with the exact same programming and charging for those is charging for the same content twice.

Inhd 1 and 2 does not exist in any other form and you are paying for the channels just like you would pay for HBO, Sundance etc -
True - but neither does Discovery HD. Not charging extra for Discovery HD set an important precedence that HD channels are part of the (otherwise worthless) digital tier. That, combined with the ESPN-HD excuse, gave me good cause to expect INHD and INHD2 to be added to the digital tier at no extra cost, as it seemed that TWC was approaching "no-fee HD" as an advantage over satellite.

If they are now deciding to charge for these two HD channels, not only will I refuse to order them, I will be anxiously awaiting developments from D*, E*, and even V* - and would probably switch at the first good opportunity.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They may have the same programming, but come on, you can't watch both ESPNHD and ESPNSD and say you got the same experience. There is no comparison. In fact, 90 percent of the SD cable channels have a better picture than espn sd. Time Warner needs to get on the ball, while College and NFL are in HD every weekend.

TWC better hurry up or lose more customers to Directv.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
This may ignite the cable vs. D* debate, but I don't see how anyone can be upset with TWC. I get all my locals, HBO, SHO, PBS, Discovery and I think INHD here in the next couple of days--and I pay NOTHING extra. I didn't pay $600 for a box and I don't pay anything extra for programming.

Sure I'd kill for them to get ESPN and HDNET, but really, comparing the price of D* equipment and the added charges for programming, I think TWC is handing D* its butt right now. Just my opinion. And I say that not because I have TWC. I could afford to drop the cash on a huge D* setup, but it just doesn't make sense, it's not worth it when I have all this from TWC.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jacksonian
This may ignite the cable vs. D* debate, but I don't see how anyone can be upset with TWC. I get all my locals, HBO, SHO, PBS, Discovery and I think INHD here in the next couple of days--and I pay NOTHING extra....
Sounds like you have it pretty good in your area. Unfortunatly, the channel lineup offered by TWC can vary significantly depending on where you live. In Minneapolis, for example, we don't get NBC or ABC.

But I agree that it's great not to have to invest in the equipment. That's why I went with cable instead of dropping $699 on the Sony Direct TV/HDTV over-the-air box. I anticipate TWC will add the rest of the locals in the near future.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
DJ_V,

Yep, I guess I am pretty lucky, although I think the guys in the Raleigh area have it even better because WRAL does the local news in HD and some local minor league ball games.

I considered spending the $700 on a D* setup just to get ESPNHD so my wife and I could watch some college football. Thank goodness CBS has come through for us.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jacksonian
DJ_V,

Yep, I guess I am pretty lucky, although I think the guys in the Raleigh area have it even better because WRAL does the local news in HD and some local minor league ball games.
Yep - it's even nicer now that WRAZ (fox) has started broacasting HDNet programming during the day.

BUT that's all stuff I can also get free OTA.

And, as of right now, I agree - it's hard to complain about what TWC offers - but if they start wanting to charge extra for new HD channels (like INHD, INHD2) that other cable systems offer at no extra charge, I'm gonna get upset. (unless it's possible to get the "HD tier" without getting the "digital tier")

If comcast can deliver ESPN-HD, INHD, INHD2 at no extra cost, then TWC should be able to do the same.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here in the Cincinnati area we are getting both InHD 1 & 2 free. I switched from E* about four months ago when they offered the dish buy back program. I am thrilled with both the HD content and PQ on all channels. And, add to that, I am getting Roadrunner for half price for one year too.

At first I was thinking I would keep TWC for the first year and then go back to D* or E* after the special ended but I may well stay with them now.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.