AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time Warner has started to add INHD at a cost. They vary from one location to another.

TWC Austin: $5.95 a month . (both channels)

TWC Maine: $9.95 a month. (both channels, HD tier required)

·
Registered
52 Posts
To clarify TWC Maine: It is true that they have added INHD at $9.95 a month, but they call it the new "HD Tier". After talking to a CSR today, the plans are to add more HD Channels to this "HD Tier" at no additional cost. My guess, would be when the negotiations with ESPN HD are complete, they will add it to the Tier. I hope I'm right, the CSR said that ESPNHD is the most talked about station people want added.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I guess I am. I have had pretty good luck talking with the CSRs up here. We have been on the "Tip of the Sword" as far as getting new programming and technology here in Maine. But we still are frustrated because we don't have locals in HD, PBS and ESPNHD yet. Only NBC and CBS locally are broadcasting HD OTA, but have not come to agreements with TWC. Something about a Sinclair owned station and a Gannett owned station!!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Well there it is - HD-Tier. A lot of people have been wanting these channels on TW and like everything else it is there for a price. Good thing is that they now can start getting lots more HD like Bravo and every other channel that comes out and they throw it in the HD tier. However, if there is any way for me to get this tier without the rest of the crap on digital cable they will loose the difference.....very simple - we will see if this is such a smart move after all.

By principle I have no problem paying for inhd so bring it on - I hate to pay for ESPN-HD since I pay for ESPN-SD, but I guess you can call it added quality fee instead of paying twice :)

Now get this tier over to Charlotte!

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by darey1
I guess I am. I have had pretty good luck talking with the CSRs up here. We have been on the "Tip of the Sword" as far as getting new programming and technology here in Maine. But we still are frustrated because we don't have locals in HD, PBS and ESPNHD yet. Only NBC and CBS locally are broadcasting HD OTA, but have not come to agreements with TWC. Something about a Sinclair owned station and a Gannett owned station!!

A Gannett owned CBS station was one of the first ones added here . All local stations here are broadcasting HD ota, but TWC has not seen fit to add NBC,or Fox.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've got ESPN-HD where I'm at and really its not worth the fuss, they show less than 5% of there montly programming in true HD. The rest is just horibble s-t-r-e-c-h-o-v-i-s-i-o-n which looks like crap. Frankly ESPN-HD is a waste of Bandwidth.

Hopefully when they get there production facility completed and fork out the dough for several Mobile Production Trailors things will change but for now I could think of other HD channels I'd much rather have in place of it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got ESPN-HD where I'm at and really its not worth the fuss, they show less than 5% of there montly programming in true HD. The rest is just horibble s-t-r-e-c-h-o-v-i-s-i-o-n which looks like crap. Frankly ESPN-HD is a waste of Bandwidth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, when the big game is on ESPN-HD since it is a "waste of bandwith", are you telling me you go back and watch the SD version? I didn't think so.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
ESPN is exactly what they promised it to be and actually more. They were supposed to have about 100 different HD events by year-end or something and they will probably reach 120. They will have sportscenter in HD in April and considering more and more local games being shot in HD I am sure that by next fall this channel will be outstanding. So it is one of those - do you want the little HD they offer now and more later or just wait and complain about it later when you are really missing out...........

and by the way - Sunday Night Football in HD is enough for me to want it and considering that the hockey season is around the corner.......

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New! Our High Definition line-up is expanding!

INHD launches 9/15/03 with a 24-hour schedule of movies, sports & variety HD programming on channel 615. And you'll also receive INHD2 on channel 616.

No extra charge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.