AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Time Warner and a 50" LG Plasma TV with built in DVR. It is about 1.5 years old and is connected via a cable card and is mounted about 7-8 feet in the air. In the last 2-3 months we have been having issues where channels in the digital and HD tier will drop out and the tv will display "No Signal" Specifically it is channels 90 & 91 that drop out consistently while others drop in and out from time to time. TW has come out a half dozen times and done various things with little result. They adjusted our splitters, dug a new cable line, etc. They claim the signal is fine and the problem is that there is interference getting into the TV's tuner from Verizons Vcast. However I dont believe this. The problem also occurs on our HDTV in the basement with a TW box, just not as often or bad.

We have also had the TV repair man out. He says that a cable amplifier will fix our issues and is working on getting us one since TW refuses to give us one.

So I am wondering if anyone else has had similar issues or if anyone can think of what else the problem could be. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I have a 2 year old 26 inch LG with cable card from Time Warner in Nebraska. I have had trouble losing the signal to channel 113 (ESPNHD) several times. The message comes up that it is scrambled. Time Warner tried to fix the problem but could not. I finally figured out that unplugging the TV and then plugging it back in will reset the cable card. Turning the TV off does not work. I have an amplifier on my cable system. I have a Scienfic Atlanta 8300HD DVR from Time Warner and it has not happened to the box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts