AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and could find the answer to what I am looking for.

I currently have TWC-Digital/HD here in Orlando. Watching the HD broadcasts on HBO,SHOW and CBS (our only HD affiliate)is great. i have also had DirecTV and am thinking of going back to it for some of the selections (NFL, PPV, Special Events, etc) but would like to keep my cable for the local HD broadcasts.

Are there any STB than can accept DSS & Digital/HD cable and output them correctly to my screen?

------------------

--

Rider69

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
The Dish 6000 with its new software update and 8vsb module receives DSS and cable channels. However it is Dishnetwork not DirecTV. Also it has to be connected to satellite to receive over-the-air or cable.

Rick

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, My prices are skewed in the fact that I also have RoadRunner for an ISP. But for the basic digital cable and roadrunner it is $79.95/mo. That includes the HDTV if you have a STB that can receive that signal. Or you can get the box from them at no charge for the first box, about $7.00 for the second. For $20/mo add'l. I get all the HBOs (including HBO-HD), SHOs (including SHO-HD), Starz, MAXs. It is called their 4 Star Pak.

So all together...Cable/HDTV/Roadrunner it is costing me about 117, after taxes and fees. Which, I hating paying that much, but for roadrunner alone it would be about $50, so I am only paying about $65 for very much that cable has to offer.

------------------

--

Rider69

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.