AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of switching from DirecTV to TWC and was wondering if anyone with TWC HD-DVR boxes are outputting HD to multiple sets using HDMI and component? I have this setup in my basement with my DirecTV STB. The HDMI going to a display in my workout room, and component going to a display in my living area. It's great because I the DirecTV remote is RF rather than IR. Pretty sure the TWC STB's are IR but a RF converter can get me by for $40. If anyone has tried this or can try, I'd appreciate it greatly. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
As far as I know the TWC HD-DVRs only support HDMI or component output, not both simultaneously. That is the case with my SA8300HD model.

However the SD outputs (s-video,composite,RF) work simultaneously with one of the HD outputs, though they are downconverted to 480i SD of course with letterboxing for widescreen video sources.

I use the SD outputs to send video+audio to another room's SD TV and to a PC's video capture card while using the HD component output to the plasma HDTV.

I have a remote control with RF output and an RF->IR converter receiver to allow control of the DVR from other rooms too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was afraid of this. Looks like I'll be sticking with DirecTV.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.