AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the Time Warner HDTV Cable Box (Explorer 2000 HD) here in New York, and I have been having trouble getting the digital audio connection to work. It may be my receiver, but I cannot see how since the other digital connections work. Does the digital connection work if you also have the RCA plugs outputting audio? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Alan, tell me more about TWC HD cable. I have TWC here in San Diego. They tell me they are not going to HD any time soon. I've got a Sony KD34XBR2 on order and am thinking about going for the Dish system. My questions are:

1) How many genuine HD channels do you have? Are they all HD or just some? If only some, are the others analog or "digital cable" (MPEG2)?

2) How does it look? Do you have a HDTV?

3) How much does the service cost?

·
Registered
735 Posts
we are the beta testers for the hdtv service in NYC and aren't being charged anything at this time. You must have an hdtv with component or rgbvh connections to get this service. Since the WTC tragedy, we only get hbo, showtime and cbs in HD. Before the attacks, I believe people were getting all the major networks including PBS.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The three channels here in NYC are HBO, CBS and Showtime. I had seen HBO and CBS HD before, so I was most excited about Showtime (as well as Band of Brothers on HBO). It looks pretty good, but my HBO HD has intermittent break-ups. I think if there is an additional cost, it is a few dollars a month. I could be mistaken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.