AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Windows 7 Ultimate HTPC that has a music collection of ripped CD's. I also have a NAS that all of my media syncs to as a backup. Additionally, I have a Windows XP laptop that also syncs the music to the NAS. So the music collection for the HTPC, the Laptop, and the NAS are all identical. The problem I am running into is that the timestamp changes all the time on the mp3's. This happens whether I listen to them or not. In fact, I don't even have to open media player or anything for the timestamps to change. I assume it has something to do with media player updating the titles or something (even if media player is not open???). This is causing a lot of issues with my sync software and makes it sync these mp3's back and forth all the time because it is chasing the timestamp - and by the way, it is not that they are a second apart or two different, I have the sync software to ignore changes in timestamps that are small.

Any idea how to get whatever is modifying these files to quit?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Many players can update the metadata in the file tags. Usually you can turn this off in the player.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Why not just make them read only?

That's what I did (along with file permissions) to make sure that nobody modifies anything! All of my files are perfectly tagged and the last thing I care about is ratings....isn't that what playlists are for????

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by video321 /forum/post/18193289

Why not just make them read only?

That's what I did (along with file permissions) to make sure that nobody modifies anything! All of my files are perfectly tagged and the last thing I care about is ratings....isn't that what playlists are for????

great idea!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts