AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a Samsung 63" C7000 plasma but wanted to hold out til new models get introduced in March or just before to get a better deal. But I hear these units are selling fast and no one knows exactly when Samsung will stop replenishing their line. I guess an insider here might know the timing of that.

Which comes to my question, when does waiting become waiting too long?

When does Samsung and Panasonic announce new model features? Is it always at CES in Jan?

When do they begin shipping the new models? I have heard in Spring, normally in March. Is that that always accurate give or take 4-6 weeks?

Also when do they shutdown the lines for old models and the inventories start winding down and selling out?

I know that all these questions would depend on alot of things, but trying to get an idea from people experience in this industry and what statistically is the norm and estimates.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcarbel /forum/post/19567123

I am looking to get a Samsung 63" C7000 plasma but wanted to hold out til new models get introduced in March or just before to get a better deal. But I hear these units are selling fast and no one knows exactly when Samsung will stop replenishing their line. I guess an insider here might know the timing of that.

Which comes to my question, when does waiting become waiting too long?

I can't answer any of the other questions, but my philosophy is when I decide I want something I spend a reasonable amount of time researching it and shopping prices. If there's an upcoming buying event, black friday for example, I'll hold out for that or I might wait a bit for a sale. If I have my heart set on a specific model, especially if it's a popular model, I usually don't play the waiting game hoping to get a last minute closeout, there's too much chance it'll be gone.

The only time I usually play the waiting game is if I have a choice of several models and/or missing out on a specific model is no big deal. In this scenario I watch prices daily and pull the plug when I see a deal I'll be happy with.

I saw a post somewhere here a few days ago that indicated the manufacturers are trying hard to clear inventory before the end of the year. I also saw an article saying supply was high right now and that was driving prices down. It also speculated that once the supply was under control the manufacturers would start pushing prices back up. Don't know the long term effects of either of these, it's just some things I read...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I am hearing stock is moving quickly also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.