AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HS10, via progressive PAL DVD - copmponent (don't know which, different thread...) and 1:1 HTPC (when I know what card will support it)

However, all this stuff means I have to skimp on rent, so my place is tiny.

The PJ will be offset to the right about 30 degrees

The wall is 7 feet from the lens and me. Apart from Pq degrading, is there any reason why this setup won't work?

I recon screen will be 52" - yes?

·
Registered
245 Posts
The max screen size for 84" throw distance is about 56" diagonal for 16:9.

This means the width will be 48.8", so if you are sitting at the 84" distance as well, you'll have a viewing distance to screen width ratio of around 1.7, which is just about ideal for compromise between big looking screen and pixel "screen door" visibililty.

30 degrees for an sideshot ofset sounds like waaay too much - not sure what the sideshot range specs are - anyone?

Dave

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you want to go the way of (really) Big Screen with a (really) small room, then maybe a PJ with a shorter throw (AE300) or the HS10 with the extra short throw lens (which is too expensive in my books though) might be a better idea.

But if you plan on moving in a month or so, then you cant go wrong with the HS10 :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am planning to move ASAP - I can wait for a flat.

Since my normal TV is now only 9" I /have/ to have something bigger.

The room is actually 7x13 but my sofa won't go across the width (because of doorways. Bah.

Where can I find out what the sideshot specs are?

I saw the HS1 and it was about 20' - 25' offset - do you think that HS10 will be the same?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I saw a good thread somewhere where someone used a mirror to increase the throw distance. If you do a search for 'mirror' you'd probably find it. This method might offer you an alternative solution.

Xander

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.