Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - I live in a small apartment.

Receiver is a Denon 1803. Front speakers are old Infinity Studio Monitor 120s, the center is an Infinity Entera, and the rear speakers are some niceish no-names I've had for a while that are soon to be replaced with Infinity speakers of some sort...

It's a small place, not a lot of floor space in the living room, especially when one adds two couches and several buddies, and a trash can to toss the empties toward/into... Would really like to locate a sub that is small enough to stash under my coffee table (or would the center of the room not be a good idea?) and that I can afford - That little thing that Carver coughed up is cute and all, but I don't wanna drop $800.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Center of the room is probably the worst place for a subwoofer. This is usually the place where the subwoofer has the least output. Maybe about 10 decibels down compared to the corners. So I highly recommend the subwoofer is close to a wall. I don't think there is any other subs as small as the Sunfires that perform very well. Buying a used sunfire is what I would do in your situation. The True Subwoofer Jr. might perform very well in your room while being very compact.

James

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay... Really cuts my options... I think I may be able to squeeze it under a window...

What about behind a couch?

Grabbed a small dual truck box outta my van last night, and tried running it through an old Marantz 2230, and it was modestly interesting - When you turned the sub off, it was like U-571 stopped moving... Had never noticed that before.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Can you give me a picture or diagram of your room so I can figure out the best place for the subwoofer?

Email me at: [email protected]

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.