AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've browsed the faq, checked several forums, but am still looking for tips for a new replay owner. Particularly tips on what to do and not to do for scheduling recordings, compared to my past experience with a tivo.

I have read in various places that replay won't record back to back shows, is this correct?

What's the closest equivilant to a tivo 'season pass'?

Replay doesn't have a suggestions feature, correct?

Any other tips or info would be appreciated, or a link to a relevant faq/tiplist.

Thanks!

Gai-jin

·
Registered
886 Posts
Not sure cow answered your questions, since his link seemed to point to a post on schedule shifts. Since I don't have a Tivo, I can't answer the Tivo specifc questions, but here are my answers based on my Replay usage.

Quote:
I have read in various places that replay won't record back to back shows, is this correct?
Depends on how you have set your recordings up. If it was a Show based recording, then no. If you have a show set up as a Theme, then it will, as long as there are no conflicts.

Quote:
Replay doesn't have a suggestions feature, correct?
Most of us use the Replay Zones as a suggestions feature. And with the Zones you control what types of things it records. I use the Season Premiere and Series Premiere Zones to check out new shows I haven't heard about. I also use the Now Showing feature of each Zone to see what's on currently (i.e football or movies) instead of channel surfing.

Just hang around here for a while, and you'll see lots of tips and tricks.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
If its a 5k or 55xx unit that you bought, my biggest tip would be to download DVArchive and network that puppy.

I love the fact that DVArchive automatically downloads my shows each night to an external hard drive that lives on my TiBook and that I can move those shows onto my laptop when I'm on the road to catch up. SWEET!

Best,

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Creech
If its a 5k or 55xx unit that you bought, my biggest tip would be to download DVArchive and network that puppy.

I love the fact that DVArchive automatically downloads my shows each night to an external hard drive that lives on my TiBook and that I can move those shows onto my laptop when I'm on the road to catch up. SWEET!

Best,

Matthew in CO.
DVArchive also works with the ReplayTV's that we love to hate; the 4k's...

*ack*oop*thippit*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.