AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note to all 1292 owners. I mounted my 1292 in the laundry room, projecting the image from the rear. Because I had to remove the wall for the light output, I built a box around the projector with the rear of the box being open. My friend and I built my own mounting brackets from home depot for $40.00. I also went to a local aluminum shop and purchase two pieces of 1"x2" thick aluminum and made a very solid and beautiful frame. Vutec sent the velcro for the screen. The screen is mounted with open ended channel struts (electrical dept. home depot) which allows easy movement of the screen forward and backward.

I am using a quadscan pro with a vutec screen. The image is 116x65. O.K., I know many of you will think this is too large but the image is awsome! My basement is completely dark. Can,t afford a G90, so I'll just call my 1292 a G92 and enjoy an incredible picture.

I could have use mirrors, which I have, to shorten the throw distance but I did not . The fan noise is not an issue anymore. BTW, I have the complete frame, brackets and two first surface mirrors for rear or enclosed mounting of a projector for sale.

I hope this help someone save money and enjoy a great projector.

Felix:)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Sounds like a cool setup. Sometime post some pictures.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.