AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PT-AR100U that gave me the Replace Lamp message over a year ago. We haven't had the funds to replace it so the whole theater room has been sitting mostly unused for over a year now. Now we're about to replace the bulb, is there anything in particular I should do or watch out for, when replacing the bulb after the projector has been sitting for so long? It hasn't moved from its normal wall mount the entire time, and the projector has been plugged in the entire time and still has the Lamp light illuminated on the housing. Since the unit has not been turned on during this time, I wouldn't think any additional dust would have made its way inside the unit, right?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
My quick thoughts:

1) Unplug the projector for 24 hours
2) Clean the prisms/mirrors if possible
3) Replace filter
4) Replace lamp/Reset lamp hours
5) Fine tune image settings, i.e color, brightness, contrast, etc...

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I plan on recalibration for sure after a few hours of bulb break-in. And from what I understand the genuine Panasonic bulbs come with new filters.

Any how-to's on cleaning prisms and mirrors? What's the reason for unplugging it for 24 hours?

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Yeah I plan on recalibration for sure after a few hours of bulb break-in. And from what I understand the genuine Panasonic bulbs come with new filters.

Any how-to's on cleaning prisms and mirrors? What's the reason for unplugging it for 24 hours?
Cleaning prisms/mirrors for your projector you would need to google.

Unplugging for 24 hours, just a precaution to allow full electrical discharge of components.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
I have a PT-AR100U that gave me the Replace Lamp message over a year ago. We haven't had the funds to replace it so the whole theater room has been sitting mostly unused for over a year now. Now we're about to replace the bulb, is there anything in particular I should do or watch out for, when replacing the bulb after the projector has been sitting for so long? It hasn't moved from its normal wall mount the entire time, and the projector has been plugged in the entire time and still has the Lamp light illuminated on the housing. Since the unit has not been turned on during this time, I wouldn't think any additional dust would have made its way inside the unit, right?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.
I'm a believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it". I would not open it up unless you see actual dust blobs on the screen. If you require a tutorial in a tear-down of the AR100U you will find it in the owner's thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...-pt-ar100u-owners-thread-11.html#post39424034

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts