AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 986 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Titan-615 Speaker

I'm sure there will be a new thread started tonight from Matt or Erich telling us all about this. I'm super excited about it.

I'll take three please

Then the modified titans

·
Registered
506 Posts
Alright, who's buying a pair and when can we expect a build thread? lmfa

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
The 615 makes me wish I was single

Then I would take my Fusion 10 mains and use them for surrounds--the beast mains would make the 10's look smaller.

Will the Titan 615 get the best of CES award? After looking at most of the stuff, it is a contender.

They get the tease of the week from me--I'm assuming the 6 stands for a closed back cone driver for the mid and the 15 is the bass bin driver? I can see using the tweed grill material that Klipsch uses on the bass bin and give it that 60's Mad Men look.

Niiiice! :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Anticipation waiting on the official thread to be started for these with pictures and graphs then to be able to buy them. @TheWorkz wait for these if you have the space trust me they sound excellent.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Anticipation waiting on the official thread to be started for these with pictures and graphs then to be able to buy them. @TheWorkz wait for these if you have the space trust me they sound excellent.
I have the room for them, no problem at all behind the AT screen. I have held off on building my false wall just in case I need to make more room. Holding off for a bit will allow me save a few more bucks for them. :) Can't wait!

·
Registered
385 Posts
These look tasty!

So far pure VAPOR.... So sad that small business is often unresponsive to customer needs for info ;) kidding!

Can these be inverted and made only 11" deep?

Why only 50hz to drop off! At this size they should go to -10hz.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
The Titan was a something I wanted to do a long time ago when the Maximus thread was started to see what people might want in a 3-way. Long story short, that thread went a bit over the top and gave us the Maximus-18, which later got dual woofers and called the 1899....Bwaslo did the crossover work for that crazy idea. :rolleyes: And of course the Maximus-12 that Jeff Bagby helped with.

Tux had just finished up the 1299 and a flat pack ended up being a bit too big for shipping, which pretty much meant a bigger 1599 couldn't have a flat pack either. So I started thinking of a dual 15" 3-way beast using the horns that sit above a more flat pack friendly cabinet. But the enclosure size still ended up too big with dual woofers and it also got pretty tall.

Then after hearing a single 12" Magnum woofer Eminence made for us, I realized we could probably get some incredible output with the right 15" woofer. I talked with MTG90 and he modeled/tested a few 15's that were okay, but we wanted something crazier. Last year Eminence offered to make a 15" version of the Magnum-12 with the santoprene surround, but the sensitivity wasn't going to be as high as we wanted. So it ended up using a pro audio surround that allowed for a high X-max but also kept the sensitivity high enough. After some testing......yeh, it's a powerful beast.....and the project began.

I believe this 15" can move twice as much air as most pro audio woofers.

Feast your eyes on a video that MTG90 took:

Another:

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man that thing moves! Erich can you elaborate on the rest of the speaker to with what speakers/cd's are being used. Awesome video of it.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Response looks awesome. Might be a little wobbly being 4 feet tall and only a foot deep.
As with many DIY projects, a little ingenuity can go along way and in this case, some outriggers.

1 - 20 of 986 Posts