Registered
460 Posts

·
Registered
7,687 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
@mtg90 what power rating do we need to use for the 25-27 Ohm resistor across HF? I can get 10W 27 Ohm locally, so was thinking of trying this experiment. I've recently found that using tilt in ARC Genesis to provide a 2dB down slope is preferable in my system, so this tweak seems appropriate to play with.

I only just discovered these crossover mods, and so I'm also going to experiment with removing the 33 Ohm for the mid-range. Hoping to improve the snap of tom drum heads - the one thing I miss from the PSA MTM210 I replaced.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Edit, just realized I could go with a bigger screen closer to the floor and possibly have more options. Started out just hanging the old screen, but then titans happened, and so forth as you know how it goes.

Hey guys quick question on arranging titan center behind an at screen. If I stand up the titan it will have the lower screen frame in front of the woofer. Alternately I can arrange the titan woofer beside the upper frequency drivers as shown in my bad paint renderings :) The subs were built for my previous space so were meant to be horizontal to avoid rocking etc, so that is one point in favor of option 1. I don't have to put both subs behind the screen, so I can do option 1 and just have one sub horizontal and move the other sub or place at the back of the room etc.

This won't be set in stone, it's sort of a phase 1 setup, so with that in mind, what would you do?

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
I would go with the second option and stand it up. I believe the crossover on the woofer is 300Hz which is still plenty large enough to bypass the frame of the screen. The frame shouldn't be more than a couple inches in width.

·
Premium Member
3,784 Posts
I would go with the second option and stand it up. I believe the crossover on the woofer is 300Hz which is still plenty large enough to bypass the frame of the screen. The frame shouldn't be more than a couple inches in width.

I second that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just finished two of my three Titan "630LX" kits earlier this week. More pics in my build thread, but thought I'd share the finished pics here. These things ROCK!

Also included an REW measurement of the pair in my room (screenwall is fully treated, but not the rest of the room yet). A few dips I'm trying to EQ out, but can't get REW to add boost - I'm a total REW noob, so if you have any tips let me know.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #953
Just finished two of my three Titan "630LX" kits earlier this week. More pics in my build thread, but thought I'd share the finished pics here. These things ROCK!

Also included an REW measurement of the pair in my room (screenwall is fully treated, but not the rest of the room yet). A few dips I'm trying to EQ out, but can't get REW to add boost - I'm a total REW noob, so if you have any tips let me know.

They look awesome!!!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts

Thanks for the input guys, I was thinking it was higher crossover but after you said that looked it up, 350 is what they published. The screen is a diy spandex so the frame is 3.5” wide, I’m going to build a 110” screen and make the bottom frame thinner and set it lower. No second row so it can be down low. And nice side benefit of a little bigger screen.

Those 630 look awesome, nice build and bracing. I’ve got the 615 sanded and ready for finish. Been working constantly so I parked some other speakers up here to enjoy a movie in the morning.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Guys,
I'm really considering pulling the trigger on Titan 818's. Any suggestions or comments?

From what I can see, the 615LX has been getting great reviews. Clarity, dynamics, large sound (and loud, but I'm talking sounding large), etc.

I've never owned a speaker like this. I own Goldenear Triton 1's which I really like, but I'd like to try something different.

I listen from 11' away from a 137" wide screen, running 4 - 18" ported ultimax's in 16 cu ft net enclosures.

So any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts

Wow you killed it, those look great!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Guys,
I'm really considering pulling the trigger on Titan 818's. Any suggestions or comments?
Do it. Finally got three titan 615 finished and in place. Took a pound of patience to wait until they were finished but they are up three flights of stairs from the basement and I don’t have time to drag them back down for finishing. Only a couple of hours of listening but we put on HB2 golden army and with the htm10 as surrounds, wow. Mains and center at 40hz and one hs24 on an inuke, no room correction. The kid said this is what movie theater should sound like. Very capable speaker and really like the two piece design. They will reveal the quality of a recording, listened to Weezer sacd and it has its moments but the titans aren’t forgiving. Metallica black album was much better. The room has minimal treatments also.

Did a dye black and blue finish, the faster version, not completely silky smooth but close and they’re in a blacked out room. Epic speakers. They look better if you paint the woofers edges black. Silver screws and speaker trims stand out and don’t look as good as black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
They look better if you paint the woofers edges black. Silver screws and speaker trims stand out and don’t look as good as black.

I think I'm going to... I've actually never owned Home Theater speakers before. Only Hi-fi speakers. What will I hear that's different compared to the hi-fi speaker's?

Also on the woofer cones, did you spray paint the whole woofer and the surrounds for the woofer?

941 - 960 of 986 Posts