AVS Forum banner

981 - 986 of 986 Posts

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
No mention of Titan anywhere on diysg's website. Have they been discontinued? Sorry to hear that, if so.
Most 'non-essential' manufacturers were forced to close down for at least a month earlier in the year due to the virus issues. Some closed for 2 months. That's caused a back log with things that are made in the US. Wood cabinet, inductor, and woofer manufacturers......all non-essential....even if we think otherwise. :)

I've ordered parts for Volt-6, Volt-8, 1099's, Titans, Helix, Cobalts, HTM-12's, HT-10, HT-12, etc.....etc.....etc.

They are slowly coming in and when I gather up enough parts I put them in stock.

I've had pallets of 18" woofers and mids for the Titan-818 sitting here since before the virus issues. Then we had to wait longer than usual for circuit boards. Got those in. Had to wait much longer for crossover parts. Got some of those in. Had to wait months for the horn brackets. Got those in last week. While waiting, people ordered the last of the Titan-615's until those 15" woofers were used up and now there's maybe two cases of those compression drivers left. Compression drivers were ordered many months ago along with 1099 midranges. Still waiting.

Woofers for the Overnight Sensations are also out of stock until the end of the month at earliest. Inductors for the Ions out of stock until next month.

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Thank you for the update Erich! Thinking about those Titans myself. I'm in no hurry though. Stay safe and thank you for what you do :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
You guys need to give Erich a break. He has explained numerous times allbof the different things that are going on. The pandemic first and foremost has screwed up everything. I know i am unemployed because of it. Then this is his busy season in hid other line of work. Then to top it off he moved and that was made vastly more difficult because of the pandemic. I knoe i am as anxious as the rest to find out about the titan 818 as the rest but it will show up. You need to give the guy some time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Most 'non-essential' manufacturers were forced to close down for at least a month earlier in the year due to the virus issues. Some closed for 2 months. That's caused a back log with things that are made in the US. Wood cabinet, inductor, and woofer manufacturers......all non-essential....even if we think otherwise. :)

I've ordered parts for Volt-6, Volt-8, 1099's, Titans, Helix, Cobalts, HTM-12's, HT-10, HT-12, etc.....etc.....etc.

They are slowly coming in and when I gather up enough parts I put them in stock.

I've had pallets of 18" woofers and mids for the Titan-818 sitting here since before the virus issues. Then we had to wait longer than usual for circuit boards. Got those in. Had to wait much longer for crossover parts. Got some of those in. Had to wait months for the horn brackets. Got those in last week. While waiting, people ordered the last of the Titan-615's until those 15" woofers were used up and now there's maybe two cases of those compression drivers left. Compression drivers were ordered many months ago along with 1099 midranges. Still waiting.

Woofers for the Overnight Sensations are also out of stock until the end of the month at earliest. Inductors for the Ions out of stock until next month.
Sounds like things are starting to trickle in. I'm in for 3 of the titan 818s when they do come in stock. Or preferably 3 of the 1899s if you still have the components.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
You guys need to give Erich a break. He has explained numerous times allbof the different things that are going on. The pandemic first and foremost has screwed up everything. I know i am unemployed because of it. Then this is his busy season in hid other line of work. Then to top it off he moved and that was made vastly more difficult because of the pandemic. I knoe i am as anxious as the rest to find out about the titan 818 as the rest but it will show up. You need to give the guy some time.
Wasn't trying to rush him. Apologies if any offense was taken; that wasn't my intention.

Sorry to hear that you lost your job. Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for hangin in there Erich. I look forward to the day your over this. One day when I see your not busy , I'll be reaching out :) God bless man!

981 - 986 of 986 Posts