AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following taken from DPI latest news letter.

TITAN Shipping Update

Now that Digital Projection is actively shipping and fulfilling backorders for the TITAN sx+ 500, XG-500 and HD-500, other variants of the TITAN chassis are soon to follow.

Currently, new orders for the sx+ 500, XG-500 and HD-500 will ship with a 3-5 week lead-time. The single-lamp TITAN HD-250 will begin shipping this month, with new orders requiring 4-5 weeks ARO. By the end of February, delivery for all of the above TITAN models will be 1-3 weeks ARO!

With respect to the TITAN 1080p-500 and 1080p-250, delays from key suppliers have slightly pushed back the timing of DP's first shipments. At this point, we expect to commence shipping the first TITAN 1080p units in April 2007 with new orders shipping the following month. Even with these delays, DPI expects to be one of the first manufacturer's to ship 3-chip 1080p DLP® projectors in 2007!

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Thanks for that. The 250 is on my shortlist for the new house.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
PS sorry for double posting but, do you have any knowledge/eperience of thier N.America suppoty?

·
Banned
17,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmachine /forum/post/0

PS sorry for double posting but, do you have any knowledge/eperience of thier N.America suppoty?

Their support?

Technical support to the dealer is excellent. Your end support would be dealer dependent.

If you do have a lot of curtains and masking going on the Runco offering may have more sophisticated triggers built in.

But most important is product reliability. They are incredibly well built.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Thanks. Ignore my reply in the other post.

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like the Titan may have the smallest foot print of all the first generation 1080 delta machines.

Heres the TITAN and the dVision. The dVision is not small compared to other 1 chip DLP but it is compared to 3 chip design.

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
Sure it can. I have a Panny plasma with slots for input cards, one of which is an HDCP DVI input. I bought that card separately, in fact. And I'm sure Panasonic is not the only one that does this.

The requirement is that your modular design has to make it sufficiently difficult to tap the uncompressed digital data.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Seems in theworld of 3 chip dlp things are a bit different. Specifically the Barco and Nec units could be easily fitted with cards, but the manufacturer in this case will come down on you like a ton of bricks. They are trying to protect their Digital Cinema Market stake.

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
OK, I see where you're coming from here. My HDCP card was made by Panasonic. That Barco/NEC are choosing not to make an HDCP card is unfortunate.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX /forum/post/0

Seems in theworld of 3 chip dlp things are a bit different. Specifically the Barco and Nec units could be easily fitted with cards, but the manufacturer in this case will come down on you like a ton of bricks. They are trying to protect their Digital Cinema Market stake.

The Christie HD5K supports a DVI/HDCP input card (in addition to the native DVI input), they have no problems with modularity.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.