Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Karnis,

I've tried the TitanTV offline guide...

It can be controlled entirely via the keyboard (arrows, enter, etc.), and works reasonably well, although I much prefer the look and feel of the myHTPC program guide (and the fact that it can retrieve programming during the night, not when you want to use it).

Compared to the myHTPC guide, the titan application is much easier to set up, and it has information on HDTV channels... both of which are pluses compared to XMLTV in Maryland :( .... but in the end, I find that I prefer to use the full titantv guide (probably because it is still quite easy to read on my projector).

If you have two HDTV (or TV) cards in your machine, you can actually set up to work with the myHTPC EPG, and the other one with TitanTV (this required creating two new file types, TVPI2 and TVVI2 so that recording instructions would go the the right card, but it works reasonably well).

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I tried it yesterday, but I could not schedule recordings with it, it does not launch the link to record, so IMO, not any good to me.

Jim

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jim:

It does have the record icon in the description box, I have scheduled recordings with it no problem.

Not sure why it doesnt work for you...

Eiffel:

Is there a record hotkey?

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
I have never gotten it to work, but having XMLTV finally work with the channels I'm most interested in is a big plus for Xlobby. No more plowing through HBO & Sho monthlies or waiting for HDTVmagazine updates (though the latter getting more reasonable in delivery time for us East coasters).

Tim

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
OK, I figured out how to record, but one problem, one of my stations does not show up and I tried to add it manually, but it will not work.

Jim

·
Registered
76 Posts
I tried both the offline EPG and onlineTitanTV a week ago with my myhd-120. I can't figure out how to record with either setup, because all that seems to happen is a file is downloaded, but nothing happens. I do prefer the online version however, because at a glance it tells more information. On the offline epg i don't get the little recording box/symbol thing.

Karnis: the hot key to record is shift+enter i believe

If someone coudl point me in the direction of how either is supposed to schedule recording i'd very much appreciate it.

-Spencer

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Spencer!

Now I officially really like it. I can call up the guide with MyHTPC, navigate channels and schedule recordings with nothing but my Pronto....using the same page one I use for TheaterTek, with a couple of modified buttons (record [shift+enter] and exit [alt+f4] ). All I have to do is connect to the Internet once a week for a minute or two and sync up for the next week (8 days to be exact). Cool!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Karnis, I tried - but there is nothing in my offline screen. I found the file with the data in it and search function seems to work - but the offline screen is empty. I sent feedback to Titantv and the reply was that I am using an old version. My reply to them was I clicked on the button/link on their current website and got what I got. One thing though -- on Titantv the instructions were to set up my favorites ( Which I did) then download them. I did not see a way to do this. Do you have to have your "favorite channels placed in the offline screen for it to load the data into it?

DaveS

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I simply set up my FAVS on the online guide, then did a SYNCRONIZE from the desktop version and that d/l'ed my FAV channels.

Got this email just now with hotkey info:

----------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon Karnis--

Thank you for your interest in TitanTV and in our offline version. We are

working on a more intuitive channel navigation display and hope to release

it soon.

As for hotkeys, we do employ the use of some hotkeys:

S opens the search page

T launches TitanTV.com

D refreshes the local data from TitanTV.com

V toggles between Big Screen and Desktop grids

Thanks again for taking the time to write in.

Best regards,

Christie Remley

Decisionmark Corp.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So can anyone walk me through stupid-style on how the recording is supposed to work with myHD?

tia

-Spencer

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Seung
So can anyone walk me through stupid-style on how the recording is supposed to work with myHD?

tia

-Spencer
You need to create an account with TitanTV then set up your fav channels, then set up your PVR preferences to tell the guide you are using MyHD.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I was using it and liked it -

Now is all I have is the MyHD guide that uses the transmitted DTV program information; and only one of my local DTV stations (WB50) even bothers to populate the guide info.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.