AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed TIVO has added a few channels to the D* line-up, not that any additional SD channels matter much here, however it seems "TIVO" thinks Ch 85 is now Spice HD. There was a meaasge to this effect today when I went to set up a record session for tonight. (looking at D* right after I saw the TIVO message PPV was still running)

Could be D* thinks they can make more off Spice HD than PPV's, they might be right? Anyone else notice this? FWIW and FYI only.

Take care......

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikey p
Could be D* thinks they can make more off Spice HD than PPV's, they might be right?
Considering what they've been showing on the HD PPV channel, I'd say they probably would. I've yet to see anything on there I was compelled to buy. Except for LOTT, TTT. But I didn't buy that because of the complaints here of the poor PQ.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Same on ReplayTV channel 85.. now SpiceHD. At least we know Tivo/Replay get their guide data from the same place! :)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I also noticed this as well on my latest 'TiVo channel lineup change' message as well.

"85 SPICEHD" was one of the new additions to the channel lineup.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
The guide data comes from Tribune.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Still shows "How To Deal" here (regular receiver programming guide) ... I'd prefer a monthly subscription ala Playboy than the PPV model. They'd probably end up making more money off me that way. PPV I'd prolly buy once a month or so tops (time convenience issues) but subscription I'd do monthly $15.99 like Playboy. Prolly cancel Playboy. Hmmm... Playboy better get off their butts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.