AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time Humax/Tivo Series 2 user. Upgrading from 25" Sony CRT to Panasonic 54V10, and switching from Comcast cable to FIOS.

We're trying to decide whether to purchase a new TivoHD, and eventually replacing a 1TB internal HD, or going with the FIOS-supplied Home Media DVR. I really like the concept of the home media DVR and the ability to watch on another set, but am concerned about the 20GB +/1 storage limit. On the flip side, in order to have this feature with Tivo, we would need to purchase 2-Tivos, not an inexpensive venture. Of course, we could start with 1 Tivo and buy a 2nd later, or move the non-HD Tivo we have to the 2nd set for now.

Any thoughts on Tivo vs the FIOS-supplied DVR? How about the quality of performance and service on the DVR versus the Tivo?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
13,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12 /forum/post/16940321

Long time Humax/Tivo Series 2 user. Upgrading from 25" Sony CRT to Panasonic 54V10, and switching from Comcast cable to FIOS.

We're trying to decide whether to purchase a new TivoHD, and eventually replacing a 1TB internal HD, or going with the FIOS-supplied Home Media DVR. I really like the concept of the home media DVR and the ability to watch on another set, but am concerned about the 20GB +/1 storage limit. On the flip side, in order to have this feature with Tivo, we would need to purchase 2-Tivos, not an inexpensive venture. Of course, we could start with 1 Tivo and buy a 2nd later, or move the non-HD Tivo we have to the 2nd set for now.

Any thoughts on Tivo vs the FIOS-supplied DVR? How about the quality of performance and service on the DVR versus the Tivo?

Thanks,

Mark

You need to be asking those questions here in the TiVo HD forum . You'll get plenty of feedback there from people who have the TiVo hooked to FIOS. But in general, once someone makes the decision to go with a TiVo HD, they never look back.

I have a 50" THPZ85 from last year. The sharpness and color of these plasmas with an HD source is just incredible. After a year, 50" is just not big enough. I'm waiting for them to release the 58" V10, so I can send the 50" up to the bedroom.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will re-post in the other forum. As a new member here, I find it confusing sometimes to find the right area...

Yes, I just purchased the 54V10, but the place I purchased from has a 90-day upgrade policy. I am thinking I will try the 54", but if the 58V10 comes out and drops in price enough within the 90 days, I may move up. Coming from a 25" CRT though, the 50" seems huge to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.