AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on streaming my Tivo HD to other HD TVs in the house. Ability to stream over the internet would be a nice plus, but it isn't a requirement for me.

Slingbox PRO HD / Slingcatcher seems like it has potential to be the easiest solution, but lack of HD support in the catcher is a killer for me. Agree with posters in other threads that the catcher is overpriced, but if it did HD I could probably live with it.

Also looked at the HAVA units, but they seem primarily stream to PC focussed. Doesn't look like they support DLNA.

It looks like there are many options for playing content on the TV (Popcorn seems to be one of the more popular choices) - are there any appliances for getting Tivo content to them?

Mike

·
Registered
4,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TivoConvert /forum/post/15439603

It looks like there are many options for playing content on the TV (Popcorn seems to be one of the more popular choices) - are there any appliances for getting Tivo content to them?

Well, the "appliance" needed to get Tivo content to a Popcorn Hour player is called a PC. You need to transfer the Tivo program to the PC, where it can be decoded and served to the Popcorn using any of several options for streaming.

Although I have a PCH myself, I also have Tivos at both of my HDTV locations so don't need to do this. But I think that if you have a networked PC that runs 24/7, and network cables at each of your target TV locations, that the PCH player is the cheapest way to get your programs displayed in HD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.