AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone connected their slingbox to a Tivo Premiere via the component connections, at the same time connecting the Tivo to their TV via HDMI? I was told by the Tivo representative that you can not have the video feed going out of the component and the HDMI at the same time. Is this true?

Fleming

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flemingljr /forum/post/20802188

Has anyone connected their slingbox to a Tivo Premiere via the component connections, at the same time connecting the Tivo to their TV via HDMI? I was told by the Tivo representative that you can not have the video feed going out of the component and the HDMI at the same time. Is this true?

Fleming

I have my tivo going hdmi to my receiver and also component to my tv so I can watch without the receiver pass thru. It also works so I can access the tivo on the P&P screen on my tv.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Tomaskovic /forum/post/20802538

I have my tivo going hdmi to my receiver and also component to my tv so I can watch without the receiver pass thru. It also works so I can access the tivo on the P&P screen on my tv.

So the Tivo Premiere does pass the video signal out of both the HDMI and the Component simultaneously? I remember my older Tivo was able to do this, so I was surprised when the rep said it couldn't.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Correct. It's the same tuner going out on both connections. Maybe the rep thought you meant the tuners supplying different signals to the two connections?! That definitely doesn't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts