AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this and found nothing. I have a replaytv that I watch a ton of programs on...the medium quality playback isnt that great on my very good analog tv but its tolerable. Will a sony 4:3 hdtv make this look really bad? I watch a lot of tv this way as it has replaced my vcr.

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gdog2004
I did a search on this and found nothing. I have a replaytv that I watch a ton of programs on...the medium quality playback isnt that great on my very good analog tv but its tolerable. Will a sony 4:3 hdtv make this look really bad? I watch a lot of tv this way as it has replaced my vcr.
If it already looks bad on your good analog set it will probably look worse on a 4.3 HDTV (and even worse on a widescreen HDTV). HDTVs tend to expose flaws in the video source so they need a good signal to look good.

I watch everything through my cable DVR and PQ is very good on the good channels, but not so great on the poor channels. I hear satellite looks worse because of the digital compression they use.

Do you know anyone that has a 4.3 HDTV? You could take your Replay to their house and connect it to their TV and see how familiar programs look on it. You could also take it to Circuit City and connect it to their TVs and check the PQ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.