AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got one of the new TiVo refurbished Roamios with Lifetime for $300 and got it all hooked up to my OTA setup tonight. I decided to go ahead and setup OnePass subscriptions for our shows starting up this fall. One of the shows we like is Criminal Minds. So I found Criminal Minds in the Popular Shows section and created the OnePass for it. I put it to any channel as sometimes our local CBS shows local college sports, but the second CBS channel I can pull in on my antenna will still show the regular tv schedule. I also told it to only record New Shows as we have watched the previous seasons and don't want the reruns. Tonight, our local CBS showed a rerun from April 2015 from 10:00-11:00. My TiVo recorded the show even though it was not new. Does TiVo think it's new since is the first time it has observed this show for me? I thought New would mean only things the guide says the original air date is that day.

Thanks for the clarification for this newb.
Todd

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
New should be first time showing, not new for you. However I have noticed that some shows are not tagged properly in the guide, so repeats are recorded even though you tell it to record "first run only".

On another note, I've noticed on my Roamio that if I choose "any" channel, it will not record anything. I have to actually select a channel, but once I do, I immediately see the upcoming recording in the "To Do" list. I'm not sure if there is some other setting that is causing that......but "any" channel selection does not work for me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I feel that the 'update' to Onepass really screwed the pooch in a lot of areas. Anymore, you have to be super careful about setting up season passes/channels/times. It does 'more' I suppose, but at the cost of simplicity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts