AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the Kodi forum, but thought this audience might have an answer.

Tivo pushed an update thru my local Cox provider yesterday, breaking my Kodi rig for Live TV. Channels higher than 1099 appeared encrypted, and as a troubleshooting step I launched WMC and the affected channels showed an encryption message.

Cox re-paired my Motorola cablecard to the CetonTV tuner card, and all looks fine in WMC -but- the channels still appear encrypted in Kodi.

No updates are available for PVR WMC, and I got a connection error to github when trying to update ServerWMC.

Any assistance would be appreciated, as I'm not that fired up for a project to replace my current config.

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update - I have ServerWMC configured to tag -drm and -e, and the channel listing doesn't show any channels with those tags. I also experimented by setting 'hide' for both drm and encryption, and the problem channels still loaded. When trying to play the 'encrypted' channels in Kodi, the info shows no encryption.

I spoke with a Cox CableCard tech who knew what he was talking about. The network update was to drop MPEG2 for MPEG4, he confirmed there was no encryption and we confirmed the CetonTV/CableCard works via the test channel in WMC.

I'm also chasing the ServerWMC developers for help, but any feedback from this audience using a Win7 box with Kodi and ServerWMC would be great (unicorn hunting at this point).

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
This probably won't help you but I remember a while back when FiOS added the ACC Network to my lineup, I saw a similar problem. Worked fine in WMC but ServerWMC was claiming it was DRM and wouldn't put it in the lineup if I had it set to hide DRM channels. I sent the logs over to the ServerWMC guy on the Kodi forum and all he would say is for "some reason" it was showing as DRM. Even though the HDHomerun utility showed no DRM set. Went back and forth a few times and never really found an answer but eventually it started working.

I'm guessing it was something that Verizon was doing with the channel that got "fixed". I sympathize with you, this can be really frustrating since there's no one person to go to for the answer, you have to play the role of system integrator yourself. :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This probably won't help you but I remember a while back when FiOS added the ACC Network to my lineup, I saw a similar problem. Worked fine in WMC but ServerWMC was claiming it was DRM and wouldn't put it in the lineup if I had it set to hide DRM channels. I sent the logs over to the ServerWMC guy on the Kodi forum and all he would say is for "some reason" it was showing as DRM. Even though the HDHomerun utility showed no DRM set. Went back and forth a few times and never really found an answer but eventually it started working.

I'm guessing it was something that Verizon was doing with the channel that got "fixed". I sympathize with you, this can be really frustrating since there's no one person to go to for the answer, you have to play the role of system integrator yourself. :(
Thanks for commiserating - Cox swears encryption was not a part of the update that caused this issue last week, and ServerWMC shows 0 encrypted channels, so we'll see what happens. I posted a logfile for them to peruse.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI the problem has resolved, problematic "Unknown Guid summary" parses are gone and the target channels come in clear as a bell.

I'm guessing the Cox signal was updated again and those DRM flags were removed from the stream (I did explain that to Tier 2 support, but I don't think they can do anything about that or focus a cable signal to a single subscriber card).

Anyway, I'm declaring victory and retreating.

Thanks for the replies and help.

Reactions: JDLIVE

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Ha. Not surprised, just the typical cable service not completely competent in what they do, but at least they figured it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts