AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just developed a white dot on the screen. I've put in an email to support but haven't heard back yet. Any fixes I can try?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Just developed a white dot on the screen. I've put in an email to support but haven't heard back yet. Any fixes I can try?
I replied to similar post earlier today:

It might be a stuck micromirror. I have one on my W1070. I find that if I display a solid colour image and alternate the colours, that I can unstick it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replied to similar post earlier today:

It might be a stuck micromirror. I have one on my W1070. I find that if I display a solid colour image and alternate the colours, that I can unstick it.
If the above isn't what you meant, do you suggest anything?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
If the above isn't what you meant, do you suggest anything?
It wasn't what I meant, exactly. Basically when a DLP micromirror sticks, sometimes if you display, say solid red, then solid green then solid black then solid blue, etc, it helps the mirror unstick by forcing it to transition into different on/off states. Just take a graphics program like Paint and create a full screen image for each colour and display each for a few seconds and see if it frees up the micromirror.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasn't what I meant, exactly. Basically when a DLP micromirror sticks, sometimes if you display, say solid red, then solid green then solid black then solid blue, etc, it helps the mirror unstick by forcing it to transition into different on/off states. Just take a graphics program like Paint and create a full screen image for each colour and display each for a few seconds and see if it frees up the micromirror.
Awesome, thank you!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've contacted BENQ but I don't believe it's under warranty. Do you happen to know any other fixes. I did what you suggested for quite a while with no success.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
I've contacted BENQ but I don't believe it's under warranty. Do you happen to know any other fixes. I did what you suggested for quite a while with no success.
Unfortunately that's the only fix I know of and if it doesn't work it means that the DMD needs to be replaced. However, there may be an extended warranty on the DMD, so don't give up yet. Also, if it's a worst case, ask BenQ about an exchange for a refurb.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately that's the only fix I know of and if it doesn't work it means that the DMD needs to be replaced. However, there may be an extended warranty on the DMD, so don't give up yet. Also, if it's a worst case, ask BenQ about an exchange for a refurb.
Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts