AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the TL3 Polk center channel be a good match when paired with the L and R Tsi 400s?

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Will the TL3 Polk center channel be a good match when paired with the L and R Tsi 400s?

Thanks,
No. The best match would be the Polk CS20 with the Polk CS10 being the second best option. The TL3 is a bit underpowered.

Center channels are extremely important don't go small with them

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the heads up. The only problem is I will have to place it on top of the TV since tis mounted above the fireplace. The wall is pretty thick, like 35 inches deep, so i was thinking on making a slanted shelf inside the wall on top of the TV in order to place the CS10. it would be like an indentation inside the wall where the speaker would sit. Do you think it would change the sound since it is inside the wall?
Thanks for your help!!!!

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Hi, thanks for the heads up. The only problem is I will have to place it on top of the TV since tis mounted above the fireplace. The wall is pretty thick, like 35 inches deep, so i was thinking on making a slanted shelf inside the wall on top of the TV in order to place the CS10. it would be like an indentation inside the wall where the speaker would sit. Do you think it would change the sound since it is inside the wall?
Thanks for your help!!!!
Try something like this
http://www.standsandmounts.com/centerstage32x5TVMountingPlatform-CSB-3205-ECO.aspx
or
http://www.amazon.com/TG-Manufactur...Soundbar/dp/B00KJ2624C/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_2

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked those options but they are not deep enough, and it does not help i have the curve UHD. I think I am going to make a recessed shelf inside the wall with plenty of room to place the CS10 at a 20-25 degree angle. What do you think?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys, this is what i have to work with. What about cutting the wall on top of the TV therefore making a recessed drywall box with plenty of room to place the CS10 at a downward angle? Will that affect its sound?
Thanks for help guys!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
First, the Polk CS20 is rear ported, so you either have to plug the port or NOT put it directly against the wall. Second, if you do put the speaker in a recessed box, never a great idea, make sure the front of the speaker sticks out slightly from the front of the recessed area...otherwise you will get some odd reflections of sound.

Reactions: turolla

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First, the Polk CS20 is rear ported, so you either have to plug the port or NOT put it directly against the wall. Second, if you do put the speaker in a recessed box, never a great idea, make sure the front of the speaker sticks out slightly from the front of the recessed area...otherwise you will get some odd reflections of sound.
Got it, the recessed box will be much larger and deeper than the cs10, so it will have much more room, like enough room to put 2 speakers deep and high. So technically more room than a home theater entertainment center. I think that is my only viable choice, it is either that or replace the CS10 with a TL3 (glorified satellite speaker). BTW, great advice on making sure the speaker sticks out slightly from the front of the recessed area, great comment, THANKS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys, thanks for all the help!!! I finally found a ceiling bracket that I liked for my cs10, and I also lucked out as there was a stud dead center on the ceiling on top of the fireplace. Check out how it turned out. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for all the help!!! I finally found a ceiling bracket that I liked for my cs10, and I also lucked out as there was a stud dead center on the ceiling on top of the fireplace. Check out how it turned out. What do you guys think?
Looks nice!

Do you have the link to that ceiling bracket? I like to keep a record of these things to help others out in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts