AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I do not know if anyone opened a comparing thread about the TM/HS700 vs HDC-SDT750.

Forget about the 3D capability of the HDC-SDT750 over the TM/HS700 , are there any new technical increase in the HDC-SDT750 over the TM/HS700 that would u let buy the HDC-SDT750 over the TM/HS700 ?

I read some review of both camcorders around and I am NOT sure that the HDC-SDT750 is better than the TM/HS700...

What is your opinion ?

Thank you

·
Registered
264 Posts
Let's compare apples with apples, shall we?

A better comparison might be the new TM750 vs TM700

TM700: 32 GIG internal memory with support for SD card, O.I.S. (entirely optical), price around $700-$800

TM750: 96 GIG internal memory with support for SD card, new improved hybrid O.I.S. (part optical part electronic), very slightly improved low light sensitivity, price around $1300-$1400

(North American model not yet available as of this writing but European model available)

From my point of view the TM750 only real advantages are that it has an improved stabilization system and more memory, but it also cost about twice as much! So the TM700 seems a better deal, for now...

(Note: the SDT750 does not have any internal memory)

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
The current Amazon price for the SDT750 is $1,306.23 and in Amazon Japan the current price for the TM750 is $1,297.25 (current exchange).

Even the Japanese TM700 has 96GB of storage.

Value wise, the TM700 is a good choice and perhaps we'll see it drop to $700 before Christmas. For sure if you want the best and don't care how much more money you'll spend for it, theirs the 750 series camcorders. I might be getting the TM700 but for sure if I didn't already spend so much in other things, I'd get a 750 series.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are u guys sure that the 750 is better than the 700 ?

If u see camcorderinfo review, I am not sure that in low light for example the 750 is better. Also for other few things, it does not seems that the 750 is better....

Can u guys support your idea of the 750 been better than the 700, reading at the reviews or better at real people comparing them ?

I mean what u guys said about the 750 improvements are the ones that we can find on the panasonic website. I mean these are advertising bells. Are these really bells or not ? I mean not always the improvements make a better camera ?

What do u think ?

I own a xr550 and I have a hs350.

I am leaning toward the idea of selling the hs350 and buy a hs700 or a 750.....but I am still not sure if I should do it....

What do u think about this also ?

Thank you

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I don't usually pay attention to everything camcorderinfo says but they do say the stabilizer is better.

For sure their conclusions in some things can seam very awkward sometimes.

On top of all that it's obviously newer so perhaps the built quality is better. For example some of the inner parts may be of higher quality.

It's true that to this day, we haven't really had a true realistic comparison.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira
I don't usually pay attention to everything camcorderinfo says but they do say the stabilizer is better.

For sure their conclusions in some things can seam very awkward sometimes.

On top of all that it's obviously newer so perhaps the built quality is better. For example some of the inner parts may be of higher quality.

It's true that to this day, we haven't really had a true realistic comparison.
Thank you.

I wish someone at one point would get the 2 and reall compare the camcorders.

Sometime I think that these review sites play with us and give us strange feedbacks.

There is nothing better than users reviews/opinions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts