AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm still having issues with TMT 3 and my ATI card's ability to bitstream audio. Whenever I pause, FF, Rew, yadda yadda, video hiccups (happens in How to Train Your Dragon .iso form) I lose sound or it's not synced properly. To fix I go into the menu and switch audio tracks and then switch back, but this is kinda annoying especially if I want to show off my cool HTPC to someone and it's effing up.

Anyways, is there a fix for this? Maybe a patch I missed somewhere since I haven't seen a patch update for TMT 3 in what seems forever (I do have the .185 update). Here are my PC specs:

Athlon II X4 630

4GB of DDR2 Ram

ATI HD5830

TMT3 w/SimHD and .185 patch

Cat. 10.11 drivers

TIA

Nate

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi!

This is a known problem - TMT3 doesn't support Catalyst > 10.6.

I think 10.6 might work. However there's an audiofix available for this problem from arcsoft's forums but that didn't work for me. Still having issues with pausing etc when using Arcsofts audio hot fix.

BUT I recommend using Reclock. (it's free)

It replaces arcsofts audio codecs (or something like that) and bitstreaming works again like it should (you can pause, ffd, ffw etc). hxxp:// forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

After you install Reclock, configure it and select "Accept bitstream formats"

Using Reclock I got bitstreaming to work perfectly in my HTPC with bluray HD-sound. (I'm using Catalyst 10.10e)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootz666 /forum/post/19634242

Hi!

This is a known problem - TMT3 doesn't support Catalyst > 10.6.

I think 10.6 might work. However there's an audiofix available for this problem from arcsoft's forums but that didn't work for me. Still having issues with pausing etc when using Arcsofts audio hot fix.

BUT I recommend using Reclock. (it's free)

It replaces arcsofts audio codecs (or something like that) and bitstreaming works again like it should (you can pause, ffd, ffw etc). hxxp:// forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

After you install Reclock, configure it and select "Accept bitstream formats"

Using Reclock I got bitstreaming to work perfectly in my HTPC with bluray HD-sound. (I'm using Catalyst 10.10e)

I have the Asus version of TMT3 with Catalyst 10.10 and haven't experienced any problems. After pausing, ff, rw, etc. the sound cuts out for a second but comes right back on and it's perfectly synced. I'm currently not using my HDAV since I have it in another pc at the moment.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicoz /forum/post/19634510

Is this fixed in TMT5?

I had the same problem with TMT3 and the trial version of TMT5. I tried installing different drivers but couldn't get it to work. I may not have gone as far back as driver 10.6, though. I thought someone on the Arcsoft forum said 10.10 or 10.7 shouldn't be a problem so I only tried those.

Maybe I'll give ReClock I try.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Download and use reclock, it works a treat and fixes the loss of audio when FF/REW or chapter skipping BD's when running 10.11 cats.

The problem I found with rolling the drivers back to 10.7 or earlier was that the silent stream bug returned under W7MC - 10.11 cats and reclock has my HTPC running perfectly.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I am using TMT3 3.180 with Cat 10.9a. I am not using reclock.

Using any version of Catalyst earlier than this will bring back the

silent stream bug as well as the overscan settings not surviving

a restart.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After posting this I went over to the Arcsoft forums and picked up both of their hot fixes with no luck (found out that 10.10 and earlier it worked supposedly but 10.11 ATI changed the HDMI sound driver again and thus we have problems still). I also tried fiddling with ReClock and only successfully made my machine silent (I.E. picture...no sound what so ever) no matter what options I picked. I even looked up a "ReClock for Dummies" guide and still no luck. So I took ReClock off because I get sound, it's just when I pause, FF, Rew, skip ahead/back and sometimes the video and sound become un-synced. Although I can only reproduce this in How To Train Your Dragon. I did e-mail Arcsoft as it sounds like they have a hotfix for the new 10.11 drivers but are only e-mailing it out instead of posting it on their site somewhere. I'm hoping it's resolved soon because it is kinda annoying.

·
Registered
669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong Chia /forum/post/19636686

I am using TMT3 3.180 with Cat 10.9a. I am not using reclock.

Using any version of Catalyst earlier than this will bring back the

silent stream bug as well as the overscan settings not surviving

a restart.

Using TMT3 185 with Cat 10.9a. I think TMT3 had a hotfix as well but I can't remember. Everything is working perfectly now so I don't mess with the settings anymore.

10.10 and higher causes my system to be unstable and playback aweful. 10.9a seems to be the best version for me.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I received a response from Arcsoft Tech Support:

"Hello Nathan,

Thank you for using our products.

Regarding your issue, have you used thid one?
ftp://FAQ_upload:p[email protected]_11_hotfix.zip

Extract the file to

"c:\\Program Files\\ArcSoft\\TotalMedia Theatre 5\\Codec"

Or

"c:\\Program Files\\ArcSoft\\TotalMedia Theatre 3\\Codec"

to replace the old file.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding and interest in our product.

Regards,

ArcSoft Support "

It is the hotfix for the 10.11 Cat drivers with the new HDMI audio driver in them and so far it has worked for me. I tested it out on How to Train Your Dragon with no problems FF, Rew, Skip ahead/back, and there was even a video hiccup that usually resulted in un-synced video/audio and the audio was still right on. From what I read this also works for TMT5 as well. I hope this helps everyone that are still having problems with this issue (and saves them from having to e-mail Arcsoft Tech support for a fix they should publish on their website).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts