AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal, I keep getting a popup that windows has went to the basic color scheme. With both apps.

I also cant get 2 different blu rays to play of my hard drive. In pdvd I get a black screen instead of a menu. I can right click while the movie is playing, select settings>audio>and I do get the third option for hd codecs. But I get no video or sound.

In TMT the file will play fine if I select downmix to dts. When I try to bitstream I get slow choppy video with no sound. My receiver says DTS-HD MA but again no sound. I can switch can and fourth between passthrough and downmix and the video will go from messed up to fine. Not sure why.

I have a His 5670 with CCC 10.2 and The realtek hdmi driver. Amd 3.2ghz 555 BE, and 3 gb ram. So the system should definitely be up to the task I would think.

As for versions PDVD is the 9.0.2320 and TMT has the .170 patch installed. Oh yah and I'm running win7 32 bit.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
You should only have the ATI HDMI Driver from 10.2, not Realtek. I don't know about PDVD but dropping out of AERO is normal for update .170.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I can't answer all questions, but I know TMT3 is indeed supposed to turn of Aero while it is running. In previous versions it didn't always do it, but that was apparently a bug, the developers designed it to do so.

·
Registered
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks guys at least that clears that up. As far as Aero goes.

@ Davinleeds according to the guide I used for bitstreaming by Dbone the realtek driver was required. Maybe thats not the case?? I have bitstreaming working like this with dolby and dts. On mpc only though.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Even the TMT3 .170 thread notes 5XXX cards use the ATI Hdmi driver not the Realtek. MPC may work with it, and I think when I tried MPC it did with Realtek but that was before .170 came out. Now I only use TMT and WinDVD2010.

·
Registered
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds /forum/post/18267106

Even the TMT3 .170 thread notes 5XXX cards use the ATI Hdmi driver not the Realtek. MPC may work with it, and I think when I tried MPC it did with Realtek but that was before .170 came out. Now I only use TMT and WinDVD2010.

You fixed it man!!! Thanks so much, uninstalled it, rebooted and everything is working great!!!

Also bitstreaming is still working great with MPC-HC!!

Thanks again bro!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts