AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background:

I'm running win 7 x64 and TMT 3.0.1.170. The system is an Athlon64 X2 dual core cpu and an ATI HD5570 with the latest 10.2 drivers and the Realtek HDMI audio driver.

DVD/blu-ray backups are stored in their respective directory structures on a file server which is mapped as a network drive to the HTPC. They are then streamed across the network for playing via the HTPC.

Issue:

Whenever trying to play a blu-ray backup, it is EXTREMELY lagging and choppy. CPU usage is constantly over 60% usage and network utilization is around 2%. This happens if I play the movie from within media center which plays it in TMT3 or if I open TMT3 and choose open from disc folder to play it.

The same blu-ray plays without issue from within MPC-HD.

Tried:

I've made sure that "Enable Hardware Acceleration" is checked/enabled within TMT3 settings.

I also found a post about someone having issues with stuttered playback from physical disc and tried the suggestions there which included disabling AERO and disabling desktop composition for TMT3.

None of those have helped. Do any of you have any other suggestions or is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
strange don't have any problems with cpu usage and choppy pic have 5770 TMT3 latest patch from them to get hd audio and no issues

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sharksupi: Are you playing them from a network share though? Or are you playing BD Directory structures from local storage? Also, what CPU do you have?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i too am having these issues. I'm on a XFX 5670. I've disabled powerplay, aero, set TMT to disable desktop composition. Nothing works... i've tried network playback of BDMV and via physical disc to no avail.

Currently testing the Latency like this thread says. Maybe there's something wrong with my card

glad (for lack of a better word) that someone else is having these issues and I'm not doing something completely wrong lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That link appears to be related to choppy audio playback, but I only glanced over it so far. I was able to verify that the choppy video and audio occurs when playing from a network location and from local storage as well. I can't verify with a physical disc though since I don't have a BD-ROM in that machine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yep latency seems to be fine, so it rules that out. I assumed that audio and video dropouts could be interrelated. Best to test out all possible causes. I'm hoping someone else has had these issues and discovered a fix, or CCC 10.3 fixes them...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just reverted back to version 3.0.1.120 (it was the only other version I had) and it is working absolutely flawlessly, minus bitstreaming.

So this looks like yet another major flaw with the latest 170 release. Can you verify what version you are running? If possible, does reverting to a previous release resolve your issues?

As a side note, anyone know where I can get the last 160 or 162 patch? I only have the 170 patch and can't find any of the previous ones on the site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've posted the issue on the arcsoft forums as well under the .170 release notes thread in hopes of catching one of their employees attention.

If interested, you can find that post here: http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_p...ID=24802#24802

It might not hurt for you to post your details there as well.

Also, if you have a chance to revert to a version other than the latest .170 update, let me know if that resolves your issues too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the link. I have confirmed that it works properly all the way up through the .161 patch. Looks like it definitely was the .170 patch that is causing the issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts