AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally got a bluray drive and I'm using TMT3 but I can't play dvd's either iso mounted or from my bluray drive. TMT3 sees its a bluray and trys to play it but just sits there with a black screen. I'm new to TMT3 and any help would be great.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Have you tried to play bluray disks in both the standalone TMT program and the media center integrated program? That is assuming you have an OS with media center? I'm also assumnig TMT3 is similar to TMT2 and has a media center version of the program. In TMT2 I can play blurays in the standalone version but not the media center version.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424 /forum/post/18240379

I've finally got a bluray drive and I'm using TMT3 but I can't play dvd's either iso mounted or from my bluray drive. TMT3 sees its a bluray and trys to play it but just sits there with a black screen. I'm new to TMT3 and any help would be great.

Is it an OEM version that came with the drive?

Contact Arcsoft and/or browse their forums to see if others have had a similar problem.

What is your HTPC configuration?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its on my 2008R2 server so it doesn't have media center. And its the retail version of TMT3 platinum. After installing and everything I had some problems with it but I thought it was all fixed. I just wanted to makesure there isn't a setting or something I'm missing but i'll try uninstall/reinstall.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reinstalled but still no luck. Is there something i'm missing? Its working fine with dvd's.

It says bluray on the bottom left with 00:00:00 but nothing works.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Do you have any 3rd party programs like anydvd running? I had an issue with an older version of anydvd that prevented TMT3 from playing blurays.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope, nothing. I was hoping theres some newbie setting i didn't click or something to allow it to play blurays but apparently not.

·
Registered
389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424 /forum/post/18241370

nope, nothing. I was hoping theres some newbie setting i didn't click or something to allow it to play blurays but apparently not.

Are you not getting any type of error code? TMT3 gave me an error that something in my chain was not HDCP compliant or something but the symptom was similar, it would start and then go blank, but it popped up the error, simply running AnyDVD HD in the background fixed this as it disabled the check.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Quote:

I suggest that you uninstall & reinstall your display drivers and TMT3. Also update the TMT software to its latest version.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll attempt to reinstall the display drivers. I have the latest TMT3 version and use ATI 5670.

I'm not getting any error at all.

I searched and found a few posts of other users having the same problem on arcsofts forum but no replys about it.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Have you tried several different bluray discs? Some will tend to have issues playing in a PC BD ROM drive. Go to your windows explorer after inserting the disc. If you can't open the disc and browse it (or at least not see the title of the disc - as in your PC is displaying the drive as empty), then your PC is unable to read the disc and that's why TMT3 isn't working. This can sometimes be fixed by loading TMT3 first and then inserting the disc.

You should also download the trial for AnyDVD HD and see if that resolves your issue.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've tried both 12rounds and snowwhite. I am able to go into the BDMV stream and open the files and they play fine just not playing the actual video.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424 /forum/post/18242076

Its on my 2008R2 server so it doesn't have media center.

Did you check with Arcsoft whether Windows Server is supported?

From Arcsoft Forums (wrt. Windows Server 2008 R2) on Sep. 28, 2009:
"That OS is not officially supported at this time so I can't say one way or the other if it should work."

Direct Link.

Their official line is:

"Windows XP SP2 32-bit, Windows Vista 32/64-bit and Windows7 32/64-bit", so you might be out of luck.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting find. I'm using my server as my temporary HTPC until I build another machine as my current one doesn't support 5xxx video cards. I'm also purchasing a projector and moving my plasma into our bedroom in hopes that the 2008R2 server will be able to play dvds and blurays.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts