AVS Forum banner

To All Simfit Owners: how long did your TV last?

• Less than a year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 year

• 2 years

• 3 years

• 4+ years

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning my very own Slimfit and seeing a lot of bad things being said about them on this site, I've come to the conclusion that the Samsung Slimfits are cheaply made and aren't very good TVs. I even saw some posts which said that the Samsung Slimfits have a very short lifespan (usually lasting from 1-3 years).

So, for all of you that had a Slimfit that broke, how long did it last? If your Slimfit still currently works, how long have you had it?

The reason why I'm asking this question is because I've had my Slimfit for 10 months now and I want to speculate how long it'll take before it breaks.

·
Registered
21,981 Posts
Start a poll...

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, only one person voted and that one vote was 1 year. Whoa! I didn't know that the lifespan on the Slimfits were that low. I've had my TV for 10 months now, so I guess I'll be looking for a new one in 2 months!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my SlimFit for about 2 years now. Not one problem! From what I've read I'm lucky though...

xraffle, I've been asking myself the same question. I'm wondering if I should sell it now while it works and buy something better :/

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snafubmx234 /forum/post/14288783

I've had my SlimFit for about 2 years now. Not one problem! From what I've read I'm lucky though...

xraffle, I've been asking myself the same question. I'm wondering if I should sell it now while it works and buy something better :/

Yes, you are lucky. I've had a ton of issues with mine, all of which were mentioned on a previous thread. While I do experience problems, I see no symptoms that indicates it will fail anytime soon. It seems like I will have this TV for quite some time, but will have to deal with the issues during those times.

And you're lucky you can sell yours. I can't. If I sell this TV with the issues it has, the person I'm selling it to is going to break my balls asking for a refund and everything. Some of my friends thought maybe they won't notice, but the only way they're not going to notice these issues is if the person is blind. The issues are so obvious. I usually don't have visitors at my place. I'm waiting for the day when someone comes over, watches the TV, and asks me, "Dude. WTF is wrong with your TV?"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had 3 CRTs fail in the last dozen years. A Panasonic lasted about 8 years, then a Philips for 21/2 yrs., and now this Samsung slimfit for 1 yr. 10 mos.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Lots of them stacking up as scrappers at some service shops...they have a not so nice nickname among some servicers. They often seem to be unreasonable to repair, IME.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts