Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mike,

I would like to hear your comment on the comparison of these three projectors. Is it a big difference between 300:1 of X80U and 800:1 of LT150. I'm going to use the HTPC as the main video source and the ambient light will be partially control but not completely dark.

Best Regards,

CKL

·
Registered
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CKL:
Hi Mike,

I would like to hear your comment on the comparison of these three projectors. Is it a big difference between 300:1 of X80U and 800:1 of LT150. I'm going to use the HTPC as the main video source and the ambient light will be partially control but not completely dark.

Best Regards,

CKL
hi,CKL

I've seen the VT540,and compared sony 9000es dvd player and HTPC as video source.

With 9000,I think the color looks unnatual,and the picture looks not so good due to the poor scale of 540.

With htpc,the 540 looks perfect ,the color is natual,only except the black is not very black,but blacker than the mit s50u.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To Mike,

Thank you for your comments. I was impressed by Mitsubishi L2000v (Japanese domestic model with 500:1 contrast and 1000 lumens) which aims at home theater market. But its resolution is only SVGA. Anyway I will watch X80U at home soon.

I've tested LT85 and LT150. Yes its black level and filmlike picture is quite good.

To Duncken,

Next week I will go to watch VT540 vs LT150 in dealer's showroom. Have you received LT150?

Best Regards,

CKL

·
Registered
50 Posts
My lt150 is still on the way.The order status stayed SHIPPED since 8/2.My friend called the dell 800 number several times and hold the phone more than 15 minutes and he had to go back to work,so he hasn't get the track number yet.

With htpc,I think vt540 is also a good choice,especially considering the 3000 hours lamp life,the total cost may be less than lt150.

BTW,do you have a candidate sound card for the htpc?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.