AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had my 60" sony xbr gw2 for close to 8 months now. happy as can be...especially after umr tweaks. regular cable tv looks close to my 32" sony tv. which is saying a lot...since out of box...it was awful.

so with the superbowl coming up and not having seen any read hd content on the tv (besides wmp9 hd content through htpc)...i decided to suck it up and go with digital io with hd box (sa4200hd).

got it yesterday morning and have been watching tv since. oddly enough...the tech set it as 480i and said that's the best setting. hmm. so i ended changing it to 1080i. wow!

does anyone know if this is the best setting for the sony tv? also...should i turn cinemotion on? i currently have it off.

please advise. thanks.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I only have cinemotion turned on for wide screen DVD material. On anything else, it causes an odd pattern to appear at times.

I do sometimes wonder about cinemotion. I've never been able to see a visible difference with it on or off when watching DVD via component input.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so if i'm understanding correctly...cinemotion is mainly for film-based dvd material. when i'm not viewing dvd...i should just have cinemotion off.

true?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the GWII and have found that Cinemotion works well with film based DVD movies. Turn it off when watching broadcast signals.

I found that with Cinemotion On when watching my digital cable that there were small bursts of horizontal artifacts during quick scene changes such as switching to/from commercials. With it Off, these are eliminated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Curious,

My manual says Advanced video options are turned off when connection through video 5-7 (the component and dvi connections on the GWIII) so are you all using svideo or composite to connect? High Density, progressive and cinemotion are listed under the advanced video options...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm using component cables to video 6. but i can change the cinemotion settings on the tv when switching to 480i (and maybe 480p) through the sa4200hd box. but with 1080i and 720p...the advanced video option is grayed out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.