AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very happy with ATI player 7.1 and my radeon AIW on win 2k (933mhz).

BUT, I want to pass DTS to my receiver

BUT,

1)I don't want to do so at the expense of PQ and therefore at the expense of the Hardware acceleration features of the Radeon.

2)I don't want to give up system stability or wreak havoc on my current ATI software

It seems the cineplayer is the code the ATI palyer is based on and therefore should continue to take advantage of ATI hardware acceleration? Is this true?

Aren't the ATI's latest drivers setup so that any software player may take advantage of the hardware acecleration (DVA or something like that)?

What else should I be concerned about?

thanks

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just hold off a bit longer and ATI will release an update to the ATI DVD Player that will allow for SPDIF support. Currently, ATI 5.O's SPDIF support is broken. Everyone, even the people that bought the newe Radeon boards are going to have to wait for an update to get even AC3 passthru to work.

Right now Cineplayer 4 is really unstable. It has built in SPDIF support, but many early adopters can't even get it to work right. So if I were you, I would just hold off a bit longer. In the meantime, use WinDVD or PowerDVD for DTS output.

I am in the same boat as you, as are alot of other people. All we can do is wait. It sucks, but what else can we do?

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
for rock solid DTS use WinDVD. Though the PQ on PowerDVD XP 4.0 is reportedly the best. The TheaterTek player will get better quicker than the others, but is starting out just behind the Power DVD release. So, buying the TheaterTek, may save you money, if the upgrades are less than buying multiple players from different companies. Power DVD 4.0 will play just about any media file you throw at it. The TheaterTek has yet to implement that feature.

Cineplayer 4.0 is very instable for me, even doing only DD 5.1 passthrough. I have submitted a request for a refund.

The zoom player currently only does SPDIF for some people. It isn't clear to me what needs to be done to be one of them. It is also being developed, but at this time isn't currently aimed at DVD playback alone.

DXVA, is the new standard for hardrwae acceleration. Cineplayer 4.0 uses it but not gracefully at all. Power DVD 4.0 should do a great job.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hello,

I use the Cineplayer 4 and after a few registry tweaks I got a PQ I never got before (tested WinDVD 2,3 PowerDVD3, Cinemaster 38.6605).

I have a perfect digital throughput of DD and dts.

I use it with HWacceleration on a GeForceGTS.

Give the trial a try.

CU

Frank

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi there

So Frank...What are the Reg tweaks you used....Can't leave someone on a cliff hanger like that you know :D

cya,

Lee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.