AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My floor is carpet (without an underlay) over concrete. Currently my sub just rests on it.

Just wondering if I should...

1) leave as is; or...

2) decouple the sub using something like a subdude or another option, stick rubber feet to the sub and put a granite slab under the sub for the rubber feet to stand on; or

3) couple the sub to the floor by putting spikes at the bottom.

Any thoughts on this and what do you all sub owners do anyway?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
with a concrete floor I would leave as is. a gramma pad/ subdude is really only for wooden floor to help keep vibrations down. although I read someone used a subdude on a concrete floor and it sounded slightly better "slightly". Don't think it would be worth the $50 bucks. I wouldn't drill or nail anything to the bottom like spikes or rubber feet, stick on only.

·
Registered
457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchong /forum/post/17016319

I doubt if I'll spend $50 on the Subdude, but I was thinking of getting some Sorbothane hemispheres to do the job: http://www.sorbothane.com/standard_product_guide5.php I have a spare piece of granite slab to act as the base.

Anyone used these hemispheres before?

I have used them on a CD player, nothing as big and heavy as a sub. If you are sitting on concrete, the sub is not transmitting and vibrations to the floor, so anything you do should have little or no impact. Most wood floor are quite flexible and can resonate, hence the value in the isolation products, but concrete is quite stiff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts