AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this sad day the world has lost the most prolific and inventive composer for movies soundtrack and not only. I am Italian and of course I feel an even deeper sadness. Memorable are his western music as well as Nuovo Cinema Paradiso or Once Upon in Time in America or Mission just to mention some. If you have a thought please contribute. I think Morricone’s contribution to the history of cinema deserves some attention from all of us in love with movies. Thank you

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As to Once upon in Time in the West only a genius could conceive a off-key harmonica followed by a distorted electric guitar for a western movie soundtrack back in 1968. And what about the theme played at the train station when Claudia Cardinale arrives? It’s a miracle of combination between images and rising music

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
As to Once upon in Time in the West only a genius could conceive a off-key harmonica followed by a distorted electric guitar for a western movie soundtrack back in 1968. And what about the theme played at the train station when Claudia Cardinale arrives? It’s a miracle of combination between images and rising music
Absolutely, there is simply nothing quiet like it. RIP Maestro!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts