AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the ad on this website for the Sharp LC65D93U being sold on Amazon for 3999. I never considered the 65 Sharp before because of the banding issues I read about here and of course the price. Wanting a set 60 or more I'm considering the 67A750 or the 65835 dlp's.I've toyed about getting a 52 lcd but I really wanted something bigger.I believe the Sony XBR8 will probably be a little too much. But now this price on the 65 Sharp gives me something to ponder. Anyone here have this set and can give an opinion??

·
Registered
374 Posts
If 60" is big enough for you, I would look at the Pioneer Kuro PDP-6020FD. Yes, it's plasma, but it's amazing.

If plasma is completely out of the question for you, just be very careful about what you buy. Bigger LCDs bring bigger issues to worry about.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul416 /forum/post/14264395

I just saw the ad on this website for the Sharp LC65D93U being sold on Amazon for 3999. I never considered the 65 Sharp before because of the banding issues I read about here and of course the price. Wanting a set 60 or more I'm considering the 67A750 or the 65835 dlp's.I've toyed about getting a 52 lcd but I really wanted something bigger.I believe the Sony XBR8 will probably be a little too much. But now this price on the 65 Sharp gives me something to ponder. Anyone here have this set and can give an opinion??

I was the one who wrote that in the 93U thread and I was toying with the idea, but no more. The reason being that I think that moel also suffers from the dreaded banding and also it does not do a correct pull down of 24fps material. based on these two conclusions, 4K is still lots of money to chance to get something which will be most definitely short on those two fronts. I don't care if that TV "used to be" 10K, but I reckon that 4k is still too much. If you like 65" Sharps, then get the SE94U for 5.5K. It is a less risky TV which does not appear (from what the owners are saying) to suffer from banding, has better CR and it does a correct 5:5.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmode /forum/post/14265038

I was the one who wrote that in the 93U thread and I was toying with the idea, but no more. The reason being that I think that moel also suffers from the dreaded banding and also it does not do a correct pull down of 24fps material. based on these two conclusions, 4K is still lots of money to chance to get something which will be most definitely short on those two fronts. I don't care if that TV "used to be" 10K, but I reckon that 4k is still too much. If you like 65" Sharps, then get the SE94U for 5.5K. It is a less risky TV which does not appear (from what the owners are saying) to suffer from banding, has better CR and it does a correct 5:5.

Thanks(both posters) for the input.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunknet /forum/post/14264980

If 60" is big enough for you, I would look at the Pioneer Kuro PDP-6020FD. Yes, it's plasma, but it's amazing.

If plasma is completely out of the question for you, just be very careful about what you buy. Bigger LCDs bring bigger issues to worry about.

Kerplunknet - just curious, where does "my PDP-6020FD buzzes pretty badly" fall on your scale of "bigger issues to worry about"?

( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ight=Buzz+Poll )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts