AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so what's the general thought on the street? ...wait for new PJs to come out and take advantage of the price drop on the current breed? Or just buy now?

What do you guys think the price drop will be like on PJs like the Epson 8700ub? or the panny ae4000u?

Do you think there will be a flood of good used ones hitting the street from upgrades?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am having this same problem. However, my problem is more of whether or not I want to get a 3D projector or not. I do not expect much of a price drop on either the 8700ub or the Panny ae4000u. With that said, the Optoma HD33 and the new lower end Epson 3d projector will still probably be cheaper than both the 8700ub and the Panny 4000u. From what I have read here it seems the new Epson will be better than the 8350 so it could possibly fall somewhere between the 8350 and 8700ub both in IQ and price. Just my opinion and I have no clue when I will make my decision either.

·
Registered
JVC RS2000,Runco Q750,Hitachi LP-WU3500,DPI M-Vision 260HB,130in 2:35.1,MadVR,Pioneer VSX-LX503
5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerez /forum/post/0

ok, so what's the general thought on the street? ...wait for new PJs to come out and take advantage of the price drop on the current breed? Or just buy now?

What do you guys think the price drop will be like on PJs like the Epson 8700ub? or the panny ae4000u?

Do you think there will be a flood of good used ones hitting the street from upgrades?

People will always upgrade after Cedia

1 - 3 of 3 Posts