AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the general consensus, if there is one, about purchasing an extended warranty is around here?

I'm considering making a purchase, and am trying to decide what to do.

Thanks!

David

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
In general these are not worth it for electronics purchases. One exception might be if you have a miscievous child like the kid in the commercial who inserts the bananna in his father's VCR....

Gary

·
Registered
23,239 Posts
I say purchase an extended warranty 'after' your manufacturers warranty expires. Circuit City provides that offer. I'm sure there are others that do that also. YMMV

After spending $2K >, it's worth the peace of mind. IMO

·
Registered
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Superman07
Granted. However, if I have 5 pixels go bad after a year I'm kinda screwed, now aren't I?
You sound like you'll feel much better getting an extended warranty!(assuming that you have in writing the extended warranty includes the dead pixles. I do not know about TV's, but most laptops at least used to say a certain number of dead pixels were not merit for a replacement )

As a note, all extended warranties and insurance exist solely as a way for someone to make a profit off of you. It'll probably be worth the cost it if this is a major investment for you, and you'll enjoy the added peace of mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.