AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched the Disney DVD of TOBY TYLER (1960). Full-frame, and it looks like it's been cropped from 1.66:1, I assume - nevertheless, a great little film in the Disney tradition. Captivating work by Mr. Stubbs, the chimpanzee. I would like to think that kids of today would enjoy this and not find it boring after being used to SHREK and THE INCREDIBLES. It had a lot of fades to black, so maybe it was filmed with TV presentation in mind. And ... you can skip the previews and go straight to the feature menu.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern Dias
To my way of thinking: Since it's P&S, it doesn't even deserve mention in this forum.

No OAR, no sale.

Vern
If you have young kids or grandkids, reconsider. It's a heartwarming family film, and a story nicely told. Besides, ya gotta like Moochie!

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern Dias
To my way of thinking: Since it's P&S, it doesn't even deserve mention in this forum.

No OAR, no sale.

Vern
Your welcome to that view, but some of us are actually more concerned with the director, the script, the actors, the story.

I like having the big budget flicks on widescreen and all, but for a good drama or comedy, its not a huge deal

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR_IN_LA
Your welcome to that view, but some of us are actually more concerned with the director, the script, the actors, the story.

I like having the big budget flicks on widescreen and all, but for a good drama or comedy, its not a huge deal
It was just another misguided condemnation by the OAR police. Pay no attention to the zealots.

b2b

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Not everything released after the birth of widescreen was in widescreen, and 1.33:1 isn't a whole lot different from 1.66:1. As I recall, Toby Tyler was released to the theaters, but Disneyland was on the air by then and Walt doubtlessly had plans for it to be shown on the show, and it was.

As "Moochie" was about my age, I was a big fan too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.